Approx. cost of a FULL tuneup?

2x 35th

Hey guys,

I'm going to be bringing my car in for a full tuneup (minus the DIS module which I just changed on my own), and I was wondering if anyone here can give me a ballpark figure on how much I'm gonna end up spending for this job.

Also, is there any other preventative maintenance you guys can suggest while I have it in the shop?

Thanks a lot,
-Steve

Tuneup consists of changing the plugs and possibly the plug wires. For the SC, you'll be doing good to find a shop to replace the plugs for less than $150. There's good reason... its a PITA unless you know the trick. The wires aren't very easy either as its difficult to route them.

In fact, if you should ask if they've ever done a SC before becaue you don't want some dimbulb tearing stuff up in a vain attempt to get at the plugs quickly.
BTW, the whole trick to the job is simply to replace all but #'s 5 and possibly 6 from underneath. You can do the job in about an hour with this technique... 1/2 day otherwise as it requires you dismantle the left half of the engine.

As he said...

The job can be completed in a coulple of hours.

NO you do not need to remove I/C tubes or anytthing of the sort.

The driver's side #4 plug is what you get from underneath, blind, but you can get to it.

Since you don't want to be doing this job EVER again, get Autolite/motorcraft Double platinum Spark plugs.

Get a good set of wires, like motorcraft, magnecore or Ford Racing. I have the jacob's and I don't recommend them.

You'll also need, Air filter, fuel injection cleaner, fuel filter, oil change. So find out if those services are included. I think that when you see the price of a tune up you'll find it to be cheaper to do it on your own.

Back