PDA

View Full Version : Cobra brake 11.65" rotor upgrade kit.

XR7 Dave
06-06-2011, 06:29 PM
I've been working on this for awhile and now have the parts in stock ready for sale. This kit includes the caliper relocation brackets CNC machined from aluminum and the necessary bolts to relocate your calipers along with the hub rings to make your Cobra rotors hub centric on SC hubs. You'll still have to redrill your rotors to the SC pattern. This is a smart upgrade for anyone who has Cobra 13" front rotors and stock rear brakes.

These kits are in stock ready for shipment. I have had the brackets anodized and bolts zinc plated or stainless steel for corrosion protection. Complete kit is now $110 shipped in the lower 48. International or off-shore shipments additional. Payments accepted via Paypal at MDKRacing at Windstream dot net or you can mail payment to:

SuperCoupes Unlimited Inc.
6277 Scotland St.
Madison, OH 44057

For those who do not need rings (Mustang hubs) just deduct $10.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=58503&stc=1&d=1380724442

Mercutio
06-06-2011, 07:32 PM
Awesome kit for guys who want to keep the stock bolt pattern. Well done, David.

XR7 Dave
06-06-2011, 07:36 PM
Thanks, this kit doesn't have anything to do with bolt pattern though. You'll still be using Cobra rotors so they'll have to be drilled if you have the stock bolt pattern. I'm not currently offering rotors to go with this.

sc4u2nv
06-06-2011, 08:35 PM
Looks pretty cool Dave, when I am on the brake upgrade, I will be wanting some!!

davis97xr7
06-06-2011, 08:51 PM
Would there be a difference in price without the rings?

XR7 Dave
06-07-2011, 04:23 PM
Would there be a difference in price without the rings?

I'll take $10 off if you don't need the rings.

DLF
06-08-2011, 01:14 AM
email sent.......

DLF
06-08-2011, 01:17 AM
David,

You could also sell these to the Mark VIII crowd.

Would you like an introduction?

LVC (http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/forum.php)

LOD (http://www.lincolnsofdistinction.org/vbulletin/index.php)

XR7 Dave
06-08-2011, 06:38 AM
Let's get a few on SC's and see what people think first before offering to others, but yes, I would like to make this available to the Mark VIII guys.

fast Ed
06-08-2011, 02:27 PM
This is pretty good timing Dave ... my friend who has been making the steel brackets for the past several years has asked to "wind down production", as his life is getting too busy with other stuff. So he is finishing off a few sets with the material that he has remaining, and that will be it from him.

cheers
Ed N.

Mercutio
06-08-2011, 10:08 PM
Thanks, this kit doesn't have anything to do with bolt pattern though. You'll still be using Cobra rotors so they'll have to be drilled if you have the stock bolt pattern. I'm not currently offering rotors to go with this.

Point taken. I guess I got hung up on the hub-centric rings, which guys with Cobra hubs wouldn't need. No reason not to buy this kit, though. If I didn't already have Cobra brakes I'd pick up a set.

Flex
06-12-2011, 06:55 PM
David,

They look very nice. What grade of aluminum are they? Do you know of anyone making a 13" 5 x 4.25 rotor by the way?

XR7 Dave
06-13-2011, 01:21 AM
David,
What grade of aluminum are they?

The brackets are 6061 T6 tempered alloy.

Hasher76
06-24-2011, 12:36 PM
David,

They look very nice. What grade of aluminum are they? Do you know of anyone making a 13" 5 x 4.25 rotor by the way?

or someone that re-drills rotors. I have been building up the drive to do the 13" upgrade and want the bigger rears as well so this is perfect. Even better once I find a re-driller.

Bill at SCP offers the KVR 13" rotors with the 4.25 pattern for a bit extra.

rzimmerl
06-24-2011, 01:19 PM
Any machine shop will be able to redrill you a bolt pattern, or do it yourself just by sacrificing an old wheel hub, knock the studs out, and lay it on the face of the rotor, and use the existing holes in the hub for your pattern.

talonhead
07-11-2011, 11:43 PM
Kit came today, looks great
MikeH

JeepsterSC
08-07-2011, 11:26 AM
Are these still available?

Toms-SC
08-08-2011, 11:37 AM
He's still got him. :cool:

Plat0ribs
08-08-2011, 11:59 AM
Dave,

I've got a similar bracket designed for the SHO rear brake enabling me to run the 11.6" front rotor back there... This is extra nice because 1) no bolt patten change, 2) ready, reasonable options for calipers, 3) rear brakes really don't do that much so no need for overkill (cobra/redrill pattern/fancy caliper's/etc...

How difficult would it be to fab up a bracket to allow running sport rotors on all four corners... I may have left out a few ateps for running 11.6's on the front, but if so let's just keep it on the rear end...

If I'm the only one who's interested in something like this just say so and I'll check it out myself on a 'one off' basis.

TIA.

fordfreak300
08-26-2011, 08:08 PM
Dave, I emailed you about purchasing a set of these. fast_Ed recommended you to me.

Mark

RussellR
08-30-2011, 09:07 AM
David,

They are little pricey but you can get 13 and 11.65 rotor drilled for 4.25 at http://www.discbrakesrus.com/

Allan
09-28-2011, 10:53 PM
Dave, I'm ready for one of these kits. Thanks.
-Allan

XR7 Dave
09-29-2011, 09:16 AM
Parts are in stock ready to ship. Send payment to the email address in my sig or send a check to:

SuperCoupes Unlimited
6277 Scotland St.
Madison, OH 44057

Thanks,

David

Allan
10-04-2011, 10:10 AM
I received my bracket kit yesterday. Thanks Dave, these look great.

-Allan

Flex
10-04-2011, 11:59 AM
David,

I left you a message last weekend. Could you call me or email me when you have a moment please? I need to finalize the cam with you and grab a couple of sets of these from you. Thanks.

davec73
10-07-2011, 09:28 PM
Dave I have been trying to send you a message and your inbox is full I need a set of the centric rings could you sell me some or tell me where to get them.

XR7 Dave
10-08-2011, 01:20 PM
I sold the last set the other day and am waiting on a new batch of rings. I'll post here when I have them back in stock.

tad240
10-25-2011, 07:50 PM
VERY Nice bracket Dave. Wish this would have been available a few years back when I had to fab my own.

I built a Factory Five Racing Cobra replica with IRS and went with the 11.65" rear rotor. I would think you may have a potential market with the FFR crowd as our cars tend to need more rear brake bias. The only bracket option I have seen to fit an 11.65" rotor prior to yours is for the Cobra rear calipers - that I believe uses a smaller piston compared to the TBird / MarkVIII / XR7 calipers.

You should consider getting the word out to the FFR builders that this bracket is available to allow a different caliper.

Plat0ribs
10-26-2011, 11:38 AM
Hey Dave, could these brackets be used on the 96 LX Sport rotor (11.6") or the Gen3 SHO rotor 11.6"?

XR7 Dave
10-26-2011, 12:22 PM
I am waiting on another run of hub rings right now and I intend to have the brackets anodized for corrosion protection so price will change slightly. Once that is done I intend to offer the brackets to others as well as the SC group. Right now this was a pilot run and had a few minor tweaks along the way.

Chris, I have no idea if they would work. I have not tried to fit those rotors but I will look into it. Most likely the offset is going to be different.

ricardoa1
10-27-2011, 09:08 AM
Will this fix the uneven pad wear issues that comes from the adapter bracket bending over time? I had my Ed steel brackets for a while and I feel they are bent and one pad the outside one rides outside the rotor slightly due to things being twisted. Its the same on the other side of the car.

XR7 Dave
10-27-2011, 09:37 AM
If the brackets have bent then you have an issue with your calipers and/or slider pins. It is very common for the slider pins to seize up and people don't realize it. Under normal conditions these brackets do not take any side load. The caliper is designed to be floating.

ricardoa1
10-27-2011, 09:44 AM
If the brackets have bent then you have an issue with your calipers and/or slider pins. It is very common for the slider pins to seize up and people don't realize it. Under normal conditions these brackets do not take any side load. The caliper is designed to be floating.

The braket and the caliper is slightly pivoted. I dont feel I had this problem until recent years. But I cant remember. Im just saying the brackets seems to be bent and everything is out of alignment. These being made out of aluminum how are they designed to prevent this bending from happening. I would say the Ed brakets are defective but both sides have the same issue, I had them for about a decade.

davec73
10-27-2011, 04:44 PM
or someone that re-drills rotors. I have been building up the drive to do the 13" upgrade and want the bigger rears as well so this is perfect. Even better once I find a re-driller.

Bill at SCP offers the KVR 13" rotors with the 4.25 pattern for a bit extra.

Stuart spencer redrills rotors or hubs and completely refirbs the spindle for 150 shipped (bearings and hubs) you would just have to ask him and see On the rotors for a price his email is stuart.douglas.spencer@gmail.com.

Hey Dave any news on the centric rings?

XR7 Dave
10-27-2011, 04:53 PM
Hub rings should be available Monday.

Keep in mind that the KVR kit uses a different rotor so you won't be able to use these with the SCP rotors.

David Neibert
11-07-2011, 02:26 PM
Hub rings should be available Monday.

Keep in mind that the KVR kit uses a different rotor so you won't be able to use these with the SCP rotors.

Dave,

I thought the KVR rotors were dimensionally the same as any other brand :confused:

I was going to order a couple of these caliper relocation kits, so I could eventually upgrade to the 11.65" Cobra rear rotors on both my SCs. Since I'm already using KVR rotors and I want the rears and front to match, I'm now uncertian what parts will be needed. Please clarify.

Thanks, David

XR7 Dave
11-07-2011, 03:31 PM
I can't speak for KVR because I don't deal with those brakes and don't know what parts they use. However, I have a car here with the SCP KVR brakes on it and the rears are 12", not 11.65". The brackets are different. You'd have to buy the KVR rear brake kit to use KVR rotors, at least that is what I have observed.

XR7 Dave
01-11-2012, 01:30 PM
These kits are in stock ready for shipment. I have had the brackets anodized for corrosion protection. Complete kit is now $100 shipped. Payments accepted via Paypal at MDKRacing at Windstream dot net or you can mail payment to:

6277 Scotland St.
Madison, OH 44057

XR7 Dave
01-11-2012, 01:40 PM
http://www.supercoupesunlimited.com/partsforsale/Brake brackets.JPG

Payton
01-26-2012, 09:44 AM
Dave keep one for me please. No need to ship, I'll grab it when I bring my car over
Thanks

sik97bird
01-26-2012, 06:40 PM
Xr7 Dave I sent you an email

Plat0ribs
01-26-2012, 10:23 PM
Dave could these be used with the sport rotors or the GenIII SHO rotors both 11.6" IIRC.

If the response to this question is yes I'll paypal you tomorrow.

TIA Dave

XR7 Dave
01-26-2012, 10:41 PM
I don't have any info on that. Are you talking about using front rotors on the rear? If so, are the SHO and Sport rotors the same offset?

JeepsterSC
02-12-2012, 09:24 AM
Will these kist allow the use of 15 inch wheels on the rear?

DLF
02-12-2012, 10:58 AM
Will these kist allow the use of 15 inch wheels on the rear?

Unlikely. It'll depend upon the wheel width and the offset, but you'll probably need at least 16's. In addition to caliper clearance, you have to watch for interference from the parking brake cable on the inside of the rim.

Plat0ribs
02-12-2012, 06:20 PM
I don't have any info on that. Are you talking about using front rotors on the rear? If so, are the SHO and Sport rotors the same offset?

I'm sorry to keep pinging you Dave, I just checked on Rockauto auto and the sport rotor is the same as the SHO 96+ front rotor. I run these rotors on the front of my 95 with the FN72 caliper bracket, then there is a bracket mount block like what your selling to accomodate the 11.6" rotors on the back of the SHO and using the wide throat 92 vented rotor caliper.

My ultimite goal is PBR calipers in front on 11.6 rotors and 11.6 rotors on the back of both SHO's and SC's. Looks like I'm there!

Given the Sport rotor and the SHO 96+ front rotor is the same part I wound't have to change bolt pattern and can use the same wheels on birds and Taurii. My last question is what caliper would I be using on the back of the bird with your bracket all being applied on a 11.6 Thunderbird/Taurus lug patterned rotor?

XxSlowpokexX
02-13-2012, 03:50 PM
I believe its the factory caliper. Thats what Ive run on all my brake upgrades

95_XR7
03-29-2012, 05:06 PM
Payment sent for brackets and hubcentric rings.

-Corey

92bird
04-30-2012, 01:06 PM
For those who have installed these, how do you get the nub on the end of the parking brake cable to clear the top rear relocation bracket bolt?

The parking brake cable end piece (nub) hits the top rear relocation bolt, and doesn't allow you to bolt on the caliper with the parking brake cable in place. I tried filing down the nub on the end of the parking brake cable, and got it to fit, but the first time I pulled the parking brake lever, the end broke off (lesson learned, don't file the nub).

I think the kit may need one bolt with a shorter head on it (like a standard hex head bolt instead of the nice allen head bolts). Thoughts? Anyone else have issues?

Jeramie

DLF
04-30-2012, 01:08 PM
I have always installed the cable after bolting the caliper to the bracket and knuckle.

92bird
04-30-2012, 02:01 PM
I have always installed the cable after bolting the caliper to the bracket and knuckle.

I tried it both ways.. It just won't fit.. This is on a '94.. I wonder if the ends of the parking brake cable are different between late an early model maybe? It needs about another 3/16-1/4" clearance. I'm thinking of replacing one of the nice allen head bolts with something with a shorter head on it, after I replace the parking brake cable of course..

Jeramie

DLF
04-30-2012, 04:27 PM
I tried it both ways.. It just won't fit.. This is on a '94.. I wonder if the ends of the parking brake cable are different between late an early model maybe? It needs about another 3/16-1/4" clearance. I'm thinking of replacing one of the nice allen head bolts with something with a shorter head on it, after I replace the parking brake cable of course..

Jeramie

I have a '95, and I've been doing it for over 10 years with my original relocation brackets, using socket head bolts. I haven't tried it using David's bracket yet, but the bolt is in the same location, so I don't see why that would make a difference.

XR7 Dave
05-24-2012, 09:11 AM
This bracket does add thickness which is why the longer bolts are required compared to this ones made from 3/16" steel. I have installed a couple sets and don't recall any problems but I don't have any in hand right now to check. It may be necessary to grind a bit off the bolt head though or something. I'll check it on the next set I get in. There are some small slight differences between early and late model calipers though. I've always used the late model calipers.

neverfastenough
05-24-2012, 09:32 AM
I used early model calipers with DD brackets with no grinding of the bolts in any way

DieselDan
05-26-2012, 09:21 AM
Ate these still available?

XR7 Dave
05-26-2012, 10:22 AM
I picked up the latest batch from the machinist this morning and will be taking them to the annodizer's on Tuesday. I should have them in stock ready for shipping by the end of next week.

davec73
05-26-2012, 11:00 AM
Dave I used the steel brackets from Ed and had to grind material awt from my mark 8 spindles to make them fit do these have that issue? Also I need some hub centric rings if you have some let me know how much shipped to 62948

92bird
05-30-2012, 10:37 AM
I used early model calipers with DD brackets with no grinding of the bolts in any way

Was this with the Socket head stainless bolts? One of the bolts absolutely has to be either ground down or replaced with a thinner head hex bolt on a '94 SC for clearance to the parking brake cable. You don't have to grind much, maybe 1/8" or so..

Jeramie

neverfastenough
05-30-2012, 10:39 AM
Was this with the Socket head stainless bolts? One of the bolts absolutely has to be either ground down or replaced with a thinner head hex bolt on a '94 SC for clearance to the parking brake cable. You don't have to grind much, maybe 1/8" or so..

Jeramie

My bolts look just like the black ones pictured in the first post of this thread. This is early calipers on a early car.

Flex
05-30-2012, 11:42 AM
David,

Has your email changed? I sent you an email and did not hear back. I know you don't usually have much to do;)

If it has, let me know. I am hoping to get that cam reordered and two sets of these shnazzy brackets. What color is the anodizing?

XR7 Dave
06-08-2012, 09:00 AM
Picking up brackets from the coater's today. Coating this time around is clear/grey.

Grinding of the calipers brackets and spindles is mandatory no matter who made the brackets due to the amount of offset required. If you have to clearance a bolt to clear the brake cable it may be something to do with thickness of your brake pads. I have not had that issue before but it is very close and the E-brake arm that the cable attaches to does move, so if you have a clearance issue the only thing I can say is you may have to clearance that bolt head some as you already determined.

I may look into a lateral offset next time around, if it will clear the spindle that might be a solution too. In the mean time, you'll just have to clearance things.

Hub rings are $18 shipped by themselves.

Lee Billing
06-08-2012, 09:21 AM
This will be the first time I have installed these brackets. Please excuse the dumb question but where do you have to grind the brackets and spindle ? Thanks for the help.

P.S. When do you think these brackets will ship ?

Flex
06-08-2012, 12:33 PM
David,

I was wondering the same thing. Perhaps yourself or someone else could post some photos of where to grind on an actual spindle.

DLF
06-08-2012, 03:00 PM
I was wondering the same thing. Perhaps yourself or someone else could post some photos of where to grind on an actual spindle.

The one on the left has been modified.

There are also pics in my article on the subject.

http://home.comcast.net/~dlfraleigh/Article.html

Flex
06-08-2012, 03:09 PM
Thanks Doug. I forgot you posted that.

Lee Billing
06-08-2012, 11:25 PM
Cool, looks easy enough. Thanks for the info.

XR7 Dave
06-10-2012, 08:01 PM
Parts are in stock and will ship starting tomorrow for those who have paid. I will include a sheet with written instructions, but pictures are worth 1000 words as they say. There are a few more minor modifications needed to fit the calipers, as described in the kit.

92bird
06-11-2012, 01:37 PM
If you have to clearance a bolt to clear the brake cable it may be something to do with thickness of your brake pads.

BINGO! We are using EBC Yellow Stuff pads for this project, and you are correct, they are thicker than stock replacement pads due to their "brake in coating".

My suggestion if you have this clearance problem is to leave the parking brake unhooked for about 500 miles or so until the pads "bed in", then reattach. The brake in coating on EBC's brake pads wears off rather quickly. It should give you the clearance you need as it was very, very close. I doubt stock replacement type pads will have this issue.

Jeramie

92bird
06-11-2012, 01:38 PM
Also, Quick question..

Will this setup fit under stock SC wheels?

Thanks,

Jeramie

neverfastenough
06-11-2012, 01:44 PM
Yes you can use your factory REAR wheels with the cobra brakes

Lee Billing
06-13-2012, 11:23 PM
Just received my brackets today. Awesome pieces thank you.

DieselDan
09-26-2012, 09:58 PM
I was just wondering about the hubcentric rings...

Are they only wide enough to make the rotor hubcentric, or are they wide enough to make the rotor and rim (mustang pattern wheel) hubcentric?

Thanks!

(Had sent Dave a PM, but his inbox is full)

XR7 Dave
09-26-2012, 11:06 PM
The hub ring is only for the rotor.

smith181992
10-03-2012, 04:48 PM
Dave empty your PM's please :)

Jim Allen
12-29-2012, 07:37 PM
i have 13 inch brakes on front and cobra hubs on back and want cobra brakes on back....what do I need from you and how much shipped to 29073

CougarXR/7
12-31-2012, 10:08 PM
I have the Disckbrakes-r-us 13" front brakes with the twin piston calipers. Your brackets maybe a great addition to add more braking power. Is the price still $85.00 Dave? I could get a local machine shop the company uses to drill Cobra rotors. Have you looked into 4 1/4 " rotors as well now?

XR7 Dave
12-31-2012, 10:32 PM
I'm temporarily out of stock on these, should have more in early next week.

Rotors are available reasonably priced from other sources so I haven't looked into that at all.

Flex posted in the group purchases forum an Ebay company that was willing to do the 108mm bolt circle for a minimal upcharge. Spinning Wheels can also get them from SP brakes if you ask.

XR7 Dave
12-31-2012, 10:37 PM
Currently the price is $110. I offered a SS bolt upgrade in the past, but currently we are offering zinc plated high strength bolts only.

CougarXR/7
01-01-2013, 04:50 PM
I just took a quick look..........discbrakes-r-us has 4.25 Cobra 11.65 rotors. They are $169.00 for the pair.

Flex
01-01-2013, 05:12 PM
I set up a group buy that gets you all four in any combination of drilled/ slotted with 13 inch fronts including having them redrilled to 4.25 shipped to you door for $245.

CougarXR/7
01-01-2013, 05:43 PM
I'll check back with you a few days then Dave about the brackets.

CougarXR/7
01-07-2013, 08:31 PM
Do you have a fresh batch of brackets Dave?

Lycaon1349
01-15-2013, 02:43 PM
^^this.. looking to order a set soon :-D

XR7 Dave
01-15-2013, 06:05 PM
Brackets are back from machining, now out being anodized. Should be back on the shelf first of next week. Machining took longer than I expected AND there has been a price increase from the machinist. :(

Shadow
01-15-2013, 09:15 PM
New to the site, but let me know when they're ready. Finally got my bird :D

CougarXR/7
01-20-2013, 11:52 AM
Hi Dave..........are we talking $100.oo? I'm still interested, I'm trying to dial in the new 13" Cobra front brakes to suit me.

XR7 Dave
01-22-2013, 01:46 PM
I've made a couple updates to the kit though, first you get hard coat anodizing which is really tough, and then I've now sourced zinc plated bolts (also very expensive) for corrosion resistance. The biggest cost increase though is a combination of material (6061 T6 aluminum stock + machining). :(

New price is $110 shipped in the lower 48 as soon as they get here, hopefully this week yet.

fast Ed
01-22-2013, 03:48 PM
That is still a reasonable price for the quality of the materials being used!! A lot easier than people trying to fab these up themselves.

cheers
Ed

Lycaon1349
01-25-2013, 09:45 AM
agreed, im still game:D gotta get this thing bossed out for my towns car show this summer :cool:

Wzenheimer
01-29-2013, 05:54 PM
Final pricing is in for 2013. Boy, things have gone up! :eek:

I've made a couple updates to the kit though, first you get hard coat anodizing which is really tough, and then I've now sourced zinc plated bolts (also very expensive) for corrosion resistance. The biggest cost increase though is a combination of material (6061 T6 aluminum stock + machining). :(

New price is $100 shipped in the lower 48 as soon as they get here, hopefully this week yet.

Set aside me a set for when I come visit in Mar/Apr please.

Wereami881
02-02-2013, 10:49 AM
Payment sent via paypal. Thanks Dave

CougarXR/7
02-03-2013, 12:31 PM
Do you have them on hand now Dave? Send me an address in a pm if you can. Thanks, Ron

Plat0ribs
02-03-2013, 02:17 PM
Ron, Dave's contact information is in the thread.

Shadow
02-03-2013, 02:39 PM
Payment sent via Paypal. Thank you.

Wereami881
02-04-2013, 11:48 PM
Has anyone heard from Dave ?

XR7 Dave
02-06-2013, 01:40 AM
Guys, these are not in stock at the moment! I will post when they are available, but currently due to circumstances beyond my control, they are not available yet and I do not have a confirmed date when they will be available. It should be soon, but all I can say is, it's the middle of winter, find something else to do for a little bit. Badgering me is not going to help the situation.

If you have paid and want a refund, that's no problem, just say so. Otherwise, hang on and your brackets will ship the moment I have them in hand. Thank you all for your patience in this.

David

EvilMooseofDoom
02-06-2013, 06:57 PM
Badgering me is not going to help the situation.

I am soooo making a 911 call to the patience police, buddy.

Wereami881
02-07-2013, 12:03 AM
David,
I am sorry I am "badgering" you! I didn't hear anything back after sending the payment so I was checking to make sure everything was ok on your end (with you not the product). I didn't really care when the kit got to me,the car isn't on the road yet. I assumed someone selling a product would reply to the people looking to buy it I didn't know that was badgering my apologies.
Rob

XR7 Dave
02-07-2013, 10:16 AM
Sorry for losing my patience.

My post is/was not a direct response to Rob (for the record, I received your payment), but rather a general statement to anyone wanting/needing the brackets right now, letting them know that they are not available and I don't have a specific date when they will be available. There are a multitude of people who read this thread but email me directly so they need to be informed on what the situation is also.

I will post here when they are available again. Anyone who has ordered and sent payment will be first on the list to receive them when they arrive.

Wereami881
02-07-2013, 04:41 PM
Sounds good. Thanks for your help!

Flex
02-07-2013, 09:59 PM
These brackets are worth the wait. A truly excellent product.

Wereami881
02-07-2013, 11:22 PM
No question there! If Dave gives it his "stamp" you know its worth it.

Dave, I hope I didnt come off as a jerk I was just put back thinking it was directed to me and I was just concerned. I apologize if it seemed out of line.
(-:

CougarXR/7
02-10-2013, 01:09 PM
Dave's word has been rock solid for years. I can wait awhile for brackets with no problems. Everyone has had to face availablity issues before when you are selling parts.

XR7 Dave
02-13-2013, 05:25 PM
Ok, after much adieu, the bracket kits are back in stock, ready to purchase/ship/etc. :eek:

Thunder95
05-30-2013, 11:11 PM
Dave, I emailed you and got no response. I'd like a set of these, do I need to arrange anything with you or just send out the paypal amount? Looking for brackets and rings.

XR7 Dave
05-31-2013, 09:56 AM
I've been patiently waiting for the brackets to come back from the anodizer's and playing a bit of phone tag with them but they are done now and picking up today.

So as of today, kits are back in stock ready to ship, $110 shipped in the lower 48 is current pricing. If you send paypal, kits will ship next day. Be sure to include your current mailing address.

Please do not send funds marked as "personal payments." Paypal frowns on that and charges me the fees anyway whilst also denying you their "purchase protection" and suppressing your shipping address information. Just FYI.

Thanks,

David

fordguy
07-11-2013, 09:07 PM
are these still avail looking for some for my Mark Viii. Thanks

XR7 Dave
07-12-2013, 12:17 AM
Yes, the kits are in stock ready to ship.

Cobra79
07-12-2013, 05:23 PM
Just to be clear, you guys are also using the Cobra calipers and not the stock calipers with just the cobra 11.65" rotors?

XR7 Dave
07-12-2013, 08:08 PM
Just to be clear, you guys are also using the Cobra calipers and not the stock calipers with just the cobra 11.65" rotors?

This is for using the stock T-bird calipers and pads.

Cobra79
07-13-2013, 02:58 PM
VERY Nice bracket Dave. Wish this would have been available a few years back when I had to fab my own.

I built a Factory Five Racing Cobra replica with IRS and went with the 11.65" rear rotor. I would think you may have a potential market with the FFR crowd as our cars tend to need more rear brake bias. The only bracket option I have seen to fit an 11.65" rotor prior to yours is for the Cobra rear calipers - that I believe uses a smaller piston compared to the TBird / MarkVIII / XR7 calipers.

You should consider getting the word out to the FFR builders that this bracket is available to allow a different caliper.

This might work for the FFR Cobra builders who are using the stock t-bird /mark viii calipers. Based on the previous post, this will NOT work for the kit builders using Cobra calipers (or cobra donors). Use the cobra caliper irs brackets from other vendors.

95LX
08-04-2013, 03:05 AM
Payment sent.

CougarXR/7
08-05-2013, 08:25 PM
I still want the brackets......................but it's going to have to wait until I have gotten the major upgrades and new rotors ready.

TSC89
08-06-2013, 07:29 PM
I received my bracket kit from SCU yesterday. Now to get the new rotors.

95LX
08-14-2013, 09:31 PM
I received mine last week as well. Thanks Dave!

BLOWN38
08-14-2013, 10:47 PM
I gotta order some. I snagged the ones off the black car to put on the red car. Hope he don't run out.

XR7 Dave
08-15-2013, 09:57 AM
I just ordered another batch which normally takes about a month to produce. I have several sets in stock right now, but anticipate that they will probably sell out before the others arrive.

XR7 Dave
08-28-2013, 09:47 AM
Last kit just sold. More are in production, but will be about 3 weeks delivery. Sorry about that. :o

XR7 Dave
10-02-2013, 09:40 AM
Back in stock!

Rear Cobra rotor brake upgrade kits now with 100% coated components for corrosion protection. Hard anodized aluminum brackets, zinc plated 12.9 grade bolts, and oxide coated steel hub rings.

$110 shipped, lower 48.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=58503&stc=1&d=1380724442

ben2go
10-02-2013, 01:37 PM
Are the hub rings needed when running mousetang wheels?

NASTY V6
10-02-2013, 01:53 PM
Dave,

I'll take a set for me and one for my dad and pick them up at the shootout. For those attending the shootout would you still prefer a Paypal payment or another means?

Thanks.

Scott

XR7 Dave
10-02-2013, 03:56 PM
Cash or check at the event please.

CougarXR/7
10-09-2013, 09:59 PM
Hi Dave..............this has been pushed back until next month (November) when I expect the company to hand out a bonus. I want to upgrade to the 11.65's.

XR7 Dave
10-09-2013, 10:27 PM
Are the hub rings needed when running mousetang wheels?

No hub rings needed, Mustang hubs + Mustang rotors = win!

ben2go
10-10-2013, 11:46 AM
No hub rings needed, Mustang hubs + Mustang rotors = win!

Thanks......

CougarXR/7
11-28-2013, 12:03 AM
Hi Dave..............is a cashiers check from the bank or a postal money order okay?

mk 8 craig
01-27-2014, 08:57 PM
Dave,
I would like a set of the rear caliper brackets for my Mk viii. I plan to switch to Cobra hubs so I won't need the rings. Can you help me?
thanks,
Craig

XR7 Dave
01-27-2014, 11:57 PM
Dave,
I would like a set of the rear caliper brackets for my Mk viii. I plan to switch to Cobra hubs so I won't need the rings. Can you help me?
thanks,
Craig

Yes, just deduct $10 from your payment. Kits are in stock ready to ship.

aroot1
02-09-2014, 06:13 PM
Dave,

I'll be needing a set of these. Will PM/e-mail, we can either set up to ship with the rear end bushings when they r ready, or I can pick all of it up instead

Thanks

Adam

97MarkJA
03-29-2014, 12:34 AM
Dave, do you have brackets in stock right now?

97MarkJA
03-30-2014, 09:46 AM
Money sent

sk8rbrdly11
04-07-2015, 08:06 PM
Hi been lurking awhile just registered. are these still available? i would like to order a set as soon as possible.
can send money today.

XR7 Dave
04-08-2015, 06:47 AM
Yes, these are in stock, ready to ship. Send paypal as directed and be sure to include your return shipping address.

Thanks,

David

sk8rbrdly11
04-08-2015, 09:07 PM
Money has been sent. Look forward to seeing your product. Thank you

1995 cougar xr7
07-11-2015, 05:03 PM
Are these still available. I just hubbedswapped swapped and these are the last piece I need to get care back on road.

XR7 Dave
07-11-2015, 05:18 PM
At the anodizer's now, will be back in stock shortly. I'll post when they are back in stock.

crestronwizard
10-29-2015, 01:39 PM
Do you have these back in stock?

XR7 Dave
10-30-2015, 07:09 AM
Yes, kits are in stock ready to ship. You can send paypal to supercoupesunlimitedinc@gmail.com.

Thanks,

David

CougarXR/7
12-26-2015, 05:03 PM
Hello Dave.......do you have a pair of these in stock? With the new year coming I want to get more braking power for Track Days.

MaddMartigan93
12-26-2015, 10:07 PM
Yes, kits are in stock ready to ship. You can send paypal to supercoupesunlimitedinc@gmail.com.

Thanks,

David

E-mail sent. Just an FYI.

XR7 Dave
12-27-2015, 09:58 AM
Kits are in stock ready to ship. Purchase information remains the same:

I have had the brackets anodized and bolts zinc plated for corrosion protection. Complete kit is now $110 shipped in the lower 48. International or off-shore shipments additional. Payments accepted via Paypal at MDKRacing at Windstream dot net or you can mail payment to:

6277 Scotland St.
Madison, OH 44057

XR7 Dave
12-27-2015, 10:02 AM

MikeBrally
01-07-2016, 09:41 PM
Dave,

Just sent payment for a kit. I used the MDKRacing email address - hopefully that still works! If not, let me know directly at: mbennet6@ford.com.

MikeBrally
07-10-2016, 06:07 PM
Can anyone provide a photo or illustration of the brake relocation kit properly installed? The included instructions help, but I'm a visual guy and a picture would help me.

XR7 Dave
07-10-2016, 07:13 PM
I have a walk through posted on Facebook...

https://www.facebook.com/Super-Coupes-Unlimited-Inc-207270676099734/photos/?tab=album&album_id=219223428237792

Link to SCUI Facebook brake bracket picture album. (https://www.facebook.com/Super-Coupes-Unlimited-Inc-207270676099734/photos/?tab=album&album_id=219223428237792) <---

Here is a picture from that album.

jco1385
07-11-2016, 03:21 PM
Can anyone provide a photo or illustration of the brake relocation kit properly installed? The included instructions help, but I'm a visual guy and a picture would help me.

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc265/jco1385/20160319_113824_zpsfbesrn18.jpg
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc265/jco1385/20160319_114834_zpsjyrq4jee.jpg
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc265/jco1385/20160319_113900_zpskqovfogb.jpg

MikeBrally
07-12-2016, 09:56 AM
Great, these images are very helpful!

MikeBrally
07-19-2016, 10:16 AM
OK, I made all the modifications and installed the relocation brackets. There is interference between the parking brake cable end and the bracket mounting bolt. How much of the cable end can be removed without risking it detaching from the cable? In the pictures on Facebook it looks like about 1/3 of the end length was removed. Is there a practical limit?

renello79
07-25-2016, 09:32 AM
How much are you asking for these? I'm considering a hub swap for cobra brakes and more wheel options.

DFedder
07-25-2016, 10:26 AM
How much are you asking for these? I'm considering a hub swap for cobra brakes and more wheel options.

Dalke noted that the kits are $100.00 shipped to the lower 48, just a few posts above.

renello79
07-25-2016, 09:53 PM
So he did, sorry I missed that part. I will be ordering a set of these in the near future, unfortunately now is not that time.

DrFishbone
09-28-2016, 07:37 AM
Got a set of these from Dave this summer and I'll say, this is a beautiful kit...too bad it gets hidden from view! Top-notch quality too!

I ended up having the parking brake nub problem too. My car has calipers and e-brake cables from a Mark VIII on it...which are apparently a good bit different than the SC calipers. E-brake cable tensioner from a Mark VIII is a cool upgrade, btw...

I was able to get the nubs into the bracket okay, but the Allen bolt head pops the cable out of the bracket when you try to pull the e-brake! :eek: The Mark VIII calipers don't have a cast recess for the nub to sit in like the SC's...it'll a flat steel bracket instead, which is part of why it pops out easily.

So if you're doing a Mark VIII install, be careful that you read Dave's Facebook writeup and check your clearances and test your parking/ e-brake multiple times. It may go on without too much trouble, but it may still pop off!

I have not fixed mine yet, but I suspect that grinding down the bolt head some may fix it. I really don't want to have to touch the nub-end of the cable. :(

CougarXR/7
10-26-2016, 02:20 PM
Hi Dave..check your private messages......Tracking number for WU is there.....Thanks, Ron

CougarXR/7
10-29-2016, 04:25 PM
Thanks Dave...the brackets arrived today..............Thanks...larger brakes all the way around for the 2017 season66324

99GSXR750
03-09-2017, 09:59 AM
Dave,

Do you have any sets available?

Thanks,
Mike

XR7 Dave
03-09-2017, 01:19 PM
Dave,

Do you have any sets available?

Thanks,
Mike

Yes, I have them in stock ready for shipping. 2017 pricing is $100 w/o brake rotor rings, $110 with. Paypal is mdkracing@windstream.net for same day shipping.

Thanks,

David

JonS
03-09-2017, 08:40 PM
Thanks Dave...the brackets arrived today..............Thanks...larger brakes all the way around for the 2017 season66324

That is the most awesomely bad a$$ looking TBird. If it were mine I'd sleep in the garage

99GSXR750
03-31-2017, 10:36 PM
Yes, I have them in stock ready for shipping. 2017 pricing is $100 w/o brake rotor rings, $110 with. Paypal is mdkracing@windstream.net for same day shipping.

Thanks,

David

Dave,

Any chance I can send you a check or do you only accept Paypal?

Thanks,
Mike