PDA

View Full Version : Carlisle 2011 Registration Counts

gldiii
06-08-2011, 03:06 PM
I received a "thank you" email from Carlisle today and it include the registration counts for all clubs.

Bad Pony Club - 58
Comet East - 13
Cougar Club of NJ, PA & Delmarva - 25
Crown Victorian Association - 35
Elitestangs.com - 2
Fairlane Club of America - 55
Falcon Club of America - 31
Focus Rising - 89
Ford Galaxie Club of America - 25
Fox-Body Feature Mustang Club - 6
International Ford Retractable - 15
International Mercury Owners Assoc. - 10
International Thunderbird Club - 22
Keystone Chapter Edsel Owners Club 8
Liberty Sho Club - 9
Lincoln Mark VII - 26
Lincolns of Distinction - 27
MACH 1 Registry Owners - 12
Mercury Marauder.net - 47
Merkur Club of America - 70
Mid Atlantic Early Broncos - 17
Mustang 428 Cobra Jet Registry - 6
Mustang Club of Central PA & MD - 30
N.A Turbocoupe Organization - 20
NJ Stangers - 20
NY Mustangs - 24
Pinto Club of America - 40
Roush Owners & Enthusiasts Assoc - 10
Roush Road Crew - 12
Saleen Club of America - 9
Saleen Owners & Enthusiasts Club (SOEC) - 7
Super Coupe Club of America - 19
SVO Club of America (SVOCA) - 9
SVTOA - 14
Syracuse Shelby - 16
Team Shelby - 64
United Ford Owners - 5
Yellow Mustang Registry 32 *Coolest Club Hangout*

ricardoa1
06-08-2011, 03:15 PM
Wow merkur has 70 entries. Did that car sell more then the SCs or are they more reliable and have witstood time.

Ken Seegers
06-08-2011, 04:37 PM
Focus rising beat out Merkur club.........that is first in a long time anybody beat them. Merkur guys used to bring 100+ each year.

We definitely need to get more people to show up. We only have this and the shootout as far as big events. They are both far enough apart (scheduling wise) to go to both.

Blackened300A
06-08-2011, 06:40 PM
Seeing you guys didn't make the 25 registered, does that mean no free tent for 2012?

I personally pulled MM.net into 6th place with 47 registrations and had 37 cars show.

J dot Miller
06-08-2011, 06:43 PM
Good question. :confused:

I did my part, two of them were from me...

BLOWN38
06-08-2011, 08:59 PM
Damn we got that close! We gotta get it next year.:)

XxSlowpokexX
06-09-2011, 12:47 AM
We payed this year for a tent I believe..Focus rising has a website dedicated to just this event. Its a combination of all focus clubs natonwide..

Next year will be much better...I hav ea feeling..There was much enthusiasm between teh core group this year

Pat DiPersia
06-09-2011, 07:35 AM
And if Kenny ever posts a link to the bikini contest pictures I took, I'll guarantee we get better attendance!

Crash00527
06-09-2011, 08:20 AM
can we get the guys from tccoa to sign up under our club name lol it sucks not having a tent. im detrmined to get at least 1-2 more supercoupes to join SCCOA and to go to Carlisle.

lube70
06-09-2011, 08:42 AM
Bringing the SC next year. Help out the cause. Heck, if Ken and Ricardo bring all their SC's and Chris and Tim bring theirs, we'd beat the Focus rising!! :D

Don

P.S. Where's those pics!!!

J dot Miller
06-09-2011, 06:56 PM
You do not need a SC to claim club membership. Yea, you coulda registered the Stang as SCCoA! :eek:

XxSlowpokexX
06-09-2011, 08:11 PM
and if kenny ever posts a link to the bikini contest pictures i took, i'll guarantee we get better attendance!

yes yes yes

XxSlowpokexX
06-09-2011, 08:12 PM
http://focusrising.com/

KMT
06-13-2011, 01:58 AM
Merkur owners are tight. We used to get 50+ just for FabFords in Los Angeles. it was not hard to get 20 or so locally just for the day.

Less than 50k came into the USA. I let mine go back in 2000. Talk about hard to find parts for... Great cars tho. Buddy in town had a full on Cossie he built from pieces brought over from the UK, one 1st class flight at a time. 500 hp, huge turbo with big wing to match. Bright red...mean car.

Crash00527
06-13-2011, 10:55 AM
we need to get like that. that'll be the bomb if we can get a lot of SC's like the merkurs

Kurt K
06-13-2011, 11:15 AM
we need to get like that. that'll be the bomb if we can get a lot of SC's like the merkurs
We used to be one of the bigger clubs at Cralisle back in the late-90's....usually only outdone by the Merkurs.

Crash00527
06-13-2011, 12:16 PM
Nice. What happened to the others. Move away? Sell their SC's? Get tired of Carlisle?

ricardoa1
06-13-2011, 12:52 PM
Nice. What happened to the others. Move away? Sell their SC's? Get tired of Carlisle?

Alot of folks just save up for the shootout instead. Its not cheap for the long haulers. Cars are also older and painjobs are shot by now, so those guys think whats point going to a car show? But really you dont need garage queens to be there. I dont think I saw one single car, mine included that wasnt your average paint new or old. plenty of imperfect cars at the show. But its all about representing the car and maybe sparking up interest to Ford fans looking for a special car build something cool with.

I love going, but I would have been ok not going this year. I was unable to take friday off so it was a hectic trip to say the least. Instead of drinking away Saturday night I had to crash early and get some ZZZZZZZZ so I can drive back Sunday.

Did anyone check who won the Coyote engine or the Pinto at the raffle?

Crash00527
06-13-2011, 01:04 PM
You can always thank Rico for his vast knowledge and fun filled detailed stories. Lol

The Shootout is kool but it's an 11 HR drive I don't want to experience again anytime soon. And thats taking my sweet azz time lol. I could prob. Do it in 9

Kurt K
06-13-2011, 01:17 PM
Ricardo hit the main reason I think....The Shootout. For me, when I was single it was easy to hit several long-distance events in a year. Now that I'm married w/ kids, it is much more challenging--not only because of the cost, but also the logistics. I need to trailer my car to whatever event I am attending if the whole family is coming along.... now with 3 kids, I cannot fit everybody into one car and my wife refuses to drive a separate vehicle on long trips. I did drive a SC to the Ohio Valley meet last year and it was very cramped with two car seats in the back and all of the luggage for the 12+ hour one-way trip.

I guess there are some people that won't go because they don't think there car is a worthy show car, but that is definitely not the case for me. I will (and have) enter some pretty run-down cars into a show just for the convenience for parking, seating and drinking my own refreshments... definitely worth the entry fee in my book.

The last time I went to Carlisle was for the 50th anniversary of the Thunderbird. I will attend Carlisle again in the future, but as long as the Shootout is happening, that will be my first choice. Especially since Carlisle is more than 15 hours away (probably 17 with the kids).

Ken Seegers
06-13-2011, 02:00 PM
I have done Carisle, All-Fords in Columbus, and The Shootout in years past. I have been unable to make the shoot out for a few years due to my car and having other family commitments. I might be able to make the Shootout this year, but we will have to see as it gets closer. I might even look into the Ohio picnic this year, but having 2 kids, working 60+ hours a week, plus trying to start a new business it kinda gets difficult.

XR7 Dave
06-13-2011, 02:51 PM
Ricardo hit the main reason I think....The Shootout. For me, when I was single it was easy to hit several long-distance events in a year. Now that I'm married w/ kids, it is much more challenging--not only because of the cost, but also the logistics. I need to trailer my car to whatever event I am attending if the whole family is coming along.... now with 3 kids, I cannot fit everybody into one car and my wife refuses to drive a separate vehicle on long trips.

Wimp. We are currently in Dayton, Washington. Just drove Connie's XR7 from home to here this week, 2300 miles, 3.5 days in the car with three kids, two of which are teenagers and one of which is practically bigger than me.

Speaking of which though, we just drove the car (something north of 200K miles on it) all the way here and loved every minute of the trip. What a nice car to drive. We got 21mpg crossing the pass from Cheyenne to Salt Lake City (cruise set of 75mph), and a best of 26mpg on the plains. I plan to continue to put miles on it for another 20 years. The first 20 went by pretty quick. :p

Kurt K
06-13-2011, 03:27 PM
Wimp. We are currently in Dayton, Washington. Just drove Connie's XR7 from home to here this week, 2300 miles, 3.5 days in the car with three kids, two of which are teenagers and one of which is practically bigger than me.

Speaking of which though, we just drove the car (something north of 200K miles on it) all the way here and loved every minute of the trip. What a nice car to drive. We got 21mpg crossing the pass from Cheyenne to Salt Lake City (cruise set of 75mph), and a best of 26mpg on the plains. I plan to continue to put miles on it for another 20 years. The first 20 went by pretty quick. :p
I don't think any of your kids are in car seats now....it is physically impossible to fit our 3 car seats in the back of a SC. But yeah, I'm a wimp too;)

Crash00527
06-13-2011, 10:03 PM
I have done Carisle, All-Fords in Columbus, and The Shootout in years past. I have been unable to make the shoot out for a few years due to my car and having other family commitments. I might be able to make the Shootout this year, but we will have to see as it gets closer. I might even look into the Ohio picnic this year, but having 2 kids, working 60+ hours a week, plus trying to start a new business it kinda gets difficult.

i might join you if time permits. got the lightning MAF today btw thanks a lot man!

XxSlowpokexX
06-13-2011, 11:46 PM
For me Carlisle is a no brainer. If the shootout was closer it be a no brainer as well to just show up. Id be more prone to beat the crap out of my car closer to home.

That being said many of the owners of SC's that used to go to Carlisle have sold and moved on. Some that used to travel the long haul do go to the shootout instead. Some dont go to either. The cars are older and so are we.

The shootout crew has a tight group that hang out throughout the year. We really dont have that over at Carlisle. That type of enthusiasm spreads.

Honestly though we need to get new blood interested in the club, the cars and attending these events. Both Carlisle and the shootout I believe had monumental years and I know Carlisle isnt near that in attendance and I believe (tell me if Im wrong) the shootout has less attendees as well.

Id love it if there were a few ,more local SC's....I always say attend local car shows get people interested...WHo knows

ricardoa1
06-14-2011, 10:28 AM
There used to be dyno, tuning, road tuning. And it was the place to reveal the new over the winter projects. All that has moved to the shootout.

When people did winter mods you had a tuning session at carlisle and it was important to make it so you dont blow up the car over the summer. So all of that is gone. That just adds more and more reasons why attendance is low.

Dammon said he would show up this year but Id like to see that :rolleyes:
I think he is afraid of entering the car show and going home prizeless LOL

Crash00527
06-14-2011, 10:52 AM
Carllisle for me is also a no brainer. the shootout is even cooler because theres like 100 Supercoupes BUT its 11 hours away in OH. I think E-town has some ford shows coming up soon.

XxSlowpokexX
06-14-2011, 11:06 AM
There used to be dyno, tuning, road tuning. And it was the place to reveal the new over the winter projects. All that has moved to the shootout.

When people did winter mods you had a tuning session at carlisle and it was important to make it so you dont blow up the car over the summer. So all of that is gone. That just adds more and more reasons why attendance is low.

Dammon said he would show up this year but Id like to see that :rolleyes:
I think he is afraid of entering the car show and going home prizeless LOL

I entered the car show in Carlisle and went home prizeless..And I tallied up the votes. Unlike vegas if there is a tie the dealer does not win!..To be fair..HOWEVER!!!!!!!.....THE PEOPLE OF CARLISLE ONCE AGAIN VOTED TEAL TO BE KING!!!!..I just had to say that:D

Reality is that the shootout is just plain closer to many of the people interested in these cars. Which makes sense those people would rather go there. Honestly Id like to see more SC's at Carlisle because I like SC's..I like talking about them....BUT I also like the thousands of other cars at Carlisle which makes it a better event for me. My car isnt a show car, a dyno queen or a drag car.

The unfortunate thing is that if we want more people to know and love these cars they need to be exposed to them. Carlisle is the place for that in my opinion. Not the shootout. When I got MM&FF to hold an SC shootout back in 2002??? I was hoping that work. Unfortunately THEY didn't take it all that serious...Kept switching dates and some of the quick people at the time couldn't make it. It wasn't a failure but definitely didn't expose the SC like I wanted it to. I really don't have connections like I used to but perhaps I can see if they would be willing to show up at the SC shootout? What do you think about that. I can make some calls.

In the end I will try my best with the time I had to keep Carlisle going and hopefully to invite new people and maybe one day well start getting some coverage as one of the big clubs...And attract more people...And.....

Also I did say Id go to the shootout if I can swing it.

Crash00527
06-14-2011, 11:32 AM
maybe we can start having like an annual post carlisle (around the fall season) meet for our members that are within 2-4 hours away as we mentioned at Olive Garden. Like a cool one day event somewhere. We gotta think of some good places and what kinds things we can do... anyone have any suggestions?

raceway park, great adventure? etc

XxSlowpokexX
06-14-2011, 06:44 PM
Guess you dont check the local NY section do ya!

Crash00527
06-14-2011, 06:59 PM
oh wait. ..... you mean the one that like only you and me post on lol

sometimes lol

Blackened300A
06-14-2011, 07:15 PM
In the end I will try my best with the time I had to keep Carlisle going and hopefully to invite new people and maybe one day well start getting some coverage as one of the big clubs...And attract more people...And.....

Also I did say Id go to the shootout if I can swing it.

In the end its not all about the car, its the people. My car is just the reason how I met so many great people over the last 6 years of being on a forum. I don't drive 600-700 miles to a annual Marauderville meet just to see 100 different ways people modded the same car I own. I really like the people in the club and spending time with them. That's also my motivation behind planning Carlisle. I talk to the members on the forum on a daily basis, but only have a face to conversation with them once or twice a year. Carlisle is a chance to get together as a collection of people with similar interests. Some people join a forum just to fix problems with their car, other are here to socialize. Maybe the comradery is whats lacking and why your not turning out the strong numbers of people looking forward to a event as before.

XxSlowpokexX
06-14-2011, 07:36 PM
In the end its not all about the car, its the people. My car is just the reason how I met so many great people over the last 6 years of being on a forum. I don't drive 600-700 miles to a annual Marauderville meet just to see 100 different ways people modded the same car I own. I really like the people in the club and spending time with them. That's also my motivation behind planning Carlisle. I talk to the members on the forum on a daily basis, but only have a face to conversation with them once or twice a year. Carlisle is a chance to get together as a collection of people with similar interests. Some people join a forum just to fix problems with their car, other are here to socialize. Maybe the comradery is whats lacking and why your not turning out the strong numbers of people looking forward to a event as before.

Paul wait till your car is over 20 years old..Less around..Less in good condition..Less people interested in them. Original owners sell..Its the nature of the beast. Anyway smost of your owners have alot of free time at they are retired AARP members:D

Crash00527
06-14-2011, 08:12 PM
Im gonna keep my SC till the day i die. I'll just add cars to my collection.

Ken Seegers
06-14-2011, 08:17 PM
And if Kenny ever posts a link to the bikini contest pictures I took, I'll guarantee we get better attendance!

You ask and shall receive......
http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j225/kseegers/Carlisle%202011/

XxSlowpokexX
06-14-2011, 10:46 PM
WOw Pat..You managed to get some faces in thier

XxSlowpokexX
06-14-2011, 10:48 PM
and guys...Im setting something up in PA 4th of July weekend...Most likely teh saturday so it doesnt interfere with peoples plans...CHeck it out if you want to go

JNT
06-15-2011, 01:17 AM
can we get the guys from tccoa to sign up under our club name lol it sucks not having a tent. im detrmined to get at least 1-2 more supercoupes to join SCCOA and to go to Carlisle.

I have a 97 LX and am member of TCCOA. I registered under SCCOA this year to help get a free tent. In the past I registered under Mid Atlantic MN12 but we never quite had enough people registered to qualify for the tent.

Joe

Crash00527
06-15-2011, 11:06 AM
thats what talkin about. all Tbirds register under SCCOA lol ,...we all hang out together anyway.

rjgraul
06-15-2011, 05:15 PM
and guys...Im setting something up in PA 4th of July weekend...Most likely teh saturday so it doesnt interfere with peoples plans...CHeck it out if you want to go

Ok What and Where????? :rolleyes:

XxSlowpokexX
06-15-2011, 06:28 PM
Ok What and Where????? :rolleyes:

Just a get together at my lake house in Honesdale PA....Im going to be there so people really just need to show up lol