Carlisle 2011 Registration Counts

gldiii

SCCoA Lifetime Member
I received a "thank you" email from Carlisle today and it include the registration counts for all clubs.

Bad Pony Club - 58
Comet East - 13
Cougar Club of NJ, PA & Delmarva - 25
Crown Victorian Association - 35
Elitestangs.com - 2
Fairlane Club of America - 55
Falcon Club of America - 31
Focus Rising - 89
Ford Galaxie Club of America - 25
Fox-Body Feature Mustang Club - 6
International Ford Retractable - 15
International Mercury Owners Assoc. - 10
International Thunderbird Club - 22
Keystone Chapter Edsel Owners Club – 8
Liberty Sho Club - 9
Lincoln Mark VII - 26
Lincolns of Distinction - 27
MACH 1 Registry Owners - 12
Mercury Marauder.net - 47
Merkur Club of America - 70
Mid Atlantic Early Broncos - 17
Mustang 428 Cobra Jet Registry - 6
Mustang Club of Central PA & MD - 30
N.A Turbocoupe Organization - 20
NJ Stangers - 20
NY Mustangs - 24
Pinto Club of America - 40
Roush Owners & Enthusiasts Assoc - 10
Roush Road Crew - 12
Saleen Club of America - 9
Saleen Owners & Enthusiasts Club (SOEC) - 7
Super Coupe Club of America - 19
SVO Club of America (SVOCA) - 9
SVTOA - 14
Syracuse Shelby - 16
Team Shelby - 64
United Ford Owners - 5
Yellow Mustang Registry – 32 *Coolest Club Hangout*

Wow merkur has 70 entries. Did that car sell more then the SCs or are they more reliable and have witstood time.

Focus rising beat out Merkur club.........that is first in a long time anybody beat them. Merkur guys used to bring 100+ each year.

We definitely need to get more people to show up. We only have this and the shootout as far as big events. They are both far enough apart (scheduling wise) to go to both.

Seeing you guys didn't make the 25 registered, does that mean no free tent for 2012?

I personally pulled MM.net into 6th place with 47 registrations and had 37 cars show.

We payed this year for a tent I believe..Focus rising has a website dedicated to just this event. Its a combination of all focus clubs natonwide..

Next year will be much better...I hav ea feeling..There was much enthusiasm between teh core group this year

And if Kenny ever posts a link to the bikini contest pictures I took, I'll guarantee we get better attendance!

can we get the guys from tccoa to sign up under our club name lol it sucks not having a tent. im detrmined to get at least 1-2 more supercoupes to join SCCOA and to go to Carlisle.

bringing

Bringing the SC next year. Help out the cause. Heck, if Ken and Ricardo bring all their SC's and Chris and Tim bring theirs, we'd beat the Focus rising!! :D

Don

P.S. Where's those pics!!!

Merkur owners are tight. We used to get 50+ just for FabFords in Los Angeles. it was not hard to get 20 or so locally just for the day.

Less than 50k came into the USA. I let mine go back in 2000. Talk about hard to find parts for... Great cars tho. Buddy in town had a full on Cossie he built from pieces brought over from the UK, one 1st class flight at a time. 500 hp, huge turbo with big wing to match. Bright red...mean car.

Nice. What happened to the others. Move away? Sell their SC's? Get tired of Carlisle?

Alot of folks just save up for the shootout instead. Its not cheap for the long haulers. Cars are also older and painjobs are shot by now, so those guys think whats point going to a car show? But really you dont need garage queens to be there. I dont think I saw one single car, mine included that wasnt your average paint new or old. plenty of imperfect cars at the show. But its all about representing the car and maybe sparking up interest to Ford fans looking for a special car build something cool with.

I love going, but I would have been ok not going this year. I was unable to take friday off so it was a hectic trip to say the least. Instead of drinking away Saturday night I had to crash early and get some ZZZZZZZZ so I can drive back Sunday.

Did anyone check who won the Coyote engine or the Pinto at the raffle?

You can always thank Rico for his vast knowledge and fun filled detailed stories. Lol

The Shootout is kool but it's an 11 HR drive I don't want to experience again anytime soon. And thats taking my sweet azz time lol. I could prob. Do it in 9

Last edited:
Nice. What happened to the others. Move away? Sell their SC's? Get tired of Carlisle?
Ricardo hit the main reason I think....The Shootout. For me, when I was single it was easy to hit several long-distance events in a year. Now that I'm married w/ kids, it is much more challenging--not only because of the cost, but also the logistics. I need to trailer my car to whatever event I am attending if the whole family is coming along.... now with 3 kids, I cannot fit everybody into one car and my wife refuses to drive a separate vehicle on long trips. I did drive a SC to the Ohio Valley meet last year and it was very cramped with two car seats in the back and all of the luggage for the 12+ hour one-way trip.

I guess there are some people that won't go because they don't think there car is a worthy show car, but that is definitely not the case for me. I will (and have) enter some pretty run-down cars into a show just for the convenience for parking, seating and drinking my own refreshments... definitely worth the entry fee in my book.

The last time I went to Carlisle was for the 50th anniversary of the Thunderbird. I will attend Carlisle again in the future, but as long as the Shootout is happening, that will be my first choice. Especially since Carlisle is more than 15 hours away (probably 17 with the kids).

Back