question about checking codes on 1992, running crappy

90turbo1

so when I drove the car home from buddys house for paint job the check engine lamp came on once, then went off again.

checked faults today.

Koeo

had a fault for throttle position too high????

KOER

had two faults

first is cyl 6, now I am not sure this is a fault at all or the tester telling me that the car is a 6 cyl. as there is no fault listed below it.

second is DTC:538 insufficient rpm change during koer.

anyone have an answer for these....

also I recieved my new bypass valve and intake part in main a few weeks ago and i was comparing it to the one on the car.

when car is started the bypass actuator slowly pulls the valve open towards the brake booster side. if you rev the motor it doesnt move at all. nothing. so I pulled vacuum line off the actuator and watched as the valve took almost a full 10 sec to close again. very smoothly but slow..........

this isnt right, I just hooked a vacuum line up to same spot and ran to my new intake holding in my hand and the actuator springs open and closed very quickly. what could be causing this???? this is my no boost problem I do beliveve...

i have the part but If i could fix without removing the supercharger again, I would appreciate it.

thanks

Attachments

• code 1.jpg
    code 1.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 66
  • code 2.jpg
    code 2.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 62
yeah thats possible, the tester was out under hood and I would have to walk around and press throttle by that time i think it was too late.

ok will clear and test drive.

any clue on the throttle position sensor, what is procedure to check adjustment of them.

thanks

Back