Nitrous question...

engineman123

I am in the process of making my own plenum intake for the top of the M90, and was thinking about putting a nitrous plate in here....would this blow apart the m90?? I dont think i have ever seen nitrous pass through a blower like that and didnt know if anyone else had ever tried it??

ok, looking like i have the wrong understanding of air flow here...it goes out the top??
Yes.

Air goes in the air filter, through the MAF, then the throttlebody, into the back of the blower, out the top of the blower, through the intercooler, and into the back of the intake manifold (behind the blower). People usually put the nitrous nozzle near the ACT sensor located near the back of the blower.

ok, looking like i have the wrong understanding of air flow here...it goes out the top??

The Eaton M90 housing has an inlet that comes at the back (opposite of the snout) and an out let port in the side (or top, or bottom, depending on how you mount it). In fact, most positive displacement blowers operate this way.

On the Thunderbird SC, the blower is mounted with the outlet aimed up, so the air can be brought into an intercooler to cool the air charge before being introduced into the intake manifold. There are two plenums on the SC. One that attaches the throttle body to the inlet of the blower. Another that attaches the outlet tube from the Intercooler to the Intake manifold.

how much juice can a stock bottom end hold before it blows apart and or melts, im figuring around a 75-100 shot?

Who knows...........try a 150 shot and let us know the results..........:eek:

Seriously, I wouldn't spray more than a 50-75 shot on a stock motor. I sprayed a 50 shot on my motor when it was stock and now I have a highly modified motor, all forged internals, and I spray a 100 wet shot. My track times/slips show that I gain 1.1 seconds with a 100 shot.

I run a Zex NO2 system, it's simple to install and pretty much fool-proof. You can see in the pics where I plummed the nozzle, plummed into the fuel rail and mounted my management unit on the firewall. Different people mount theirs where they wanted but my set-up is only one example of what to do...........and it performs well......just ask the masses who've seen it run.:D

Attachments

• nitrous pics 001.JPG
    nitrous pics 001.JPG
    241.6 KB · Views: 99
  • nitrous pics 002.JPG
    nitrous pics 002.JPG
    226.7 KB · Views: 92
  • nitrous pics 003.JPG
    nitrous pics 003.JPG
    213.6 KB · Views: 96
  • nitrous pics 004.JPG
    nitrous pics 004.JPG