Yeah! She breaths to life...

Matt Man 89SC

Finally got the motor installed just last weekend. Basically it took two weekends to do the swap, but that included painting some parts and such. I started building the new motor in February, and am just finally getting it installed. I picked it up from some guy in the Buy & Sell for $200 CDN. Then rebuilt it for about $1000. It was from a 93 Tbird SC with only 90K on it. Came with SC and all. The headgaskets were poped though, but that was no big deal.

Just today I started it for the first time. Fired right up, just a puff of smoke and it ran dead smooth. Then went for a test drive to seat the rings. ****** thing was that I didn't have the exhaust connected because I broke some bolts disconecting it, so I was driving around with open exhaust manifolds as well as no hood. Went right by a cop too while accelerating, thought I was done for, but he just went by.

Anyway I'm ****ing happy now!! (The old motor had 230k on it and was developing a knock)

TbirdSC.jpg

Great Job

Hey, anytime you can put a new engine in an SC and get it to turn over without any problems is awesome. A smooth idle is a bonus prize.

I have a 1990 that is the same color as yours but it has black leather. I am going to buy a 95 SC with less than 60,000 tomorrow for $7,000 as long as it runs good. I looked at it today but I did not drive it.

Great Job!! Looks clean too!! How did you not get oil and grease everywhere? Every time that I work on my 90 I need to take a degreasing bath.

Bob

Back