crank position sensor gage

unrapit

Does anyone know where i can get a crank position sensor gage or will something else work? Thanks,Brandon

Technically you have one on your gauge cluster. If the upshift light doesn't go out when you are cranking over then the sensor is caput.

Fraser

If your talking about something to set the distance between the crank sensor and the trigger wheel a match book cover will work fine.

I agree that a special gage is NOT needed.

The easiest way to change the crank sensor is to first get a few things out of the way so you can reach in there and then take the crank sensor bracket off the car...3 bolts.

Remove the old sensor...2 small bolts....and then just put the new sensor back on to the same location which will likely be the only clean spots on the sensor. You should easily be able to relocate the new sensor back in the same spot as the old one vacated.

Technically you have one on your gauge cluster. If the upshift light doesn't go out when you are cranking over then the sensor is caput.

Fraser

do all years have the Upshift light, I dont see anything on my 95. I did notice the check gauges light is so dim I cant see it without it being almost pitch black outside, maybe its the bulb. Sorry for the hijack.

Fraser[/QUOTE If changing the the crank sensor and the upshift light is still on when cranking it over, could a cam sensor be bad or should the harmonic balancer be looked at closer?

If changing the the crank sensor and the upshift light is still on when cranking it over, could a cam sensor be bad or should the harmonic balancer be looked at closer?

if you have set the gap properly, and you have the new sensor connected, and the upshift light remains on when the motor is cranking, then there is still some issue with the crank sensor. Something that is preventing the signal to get from the sensor to the engine computer. Check your harness.

thx for the info.ill look at the wiring when the car is towed closer to home. I did notice today that the bolt, holding the balancer to the crank is broke off.Wish I checked that first.

Back