Todays' latest upgrades....

ecyrbh

Just finished with White faced gauge overlays.The faces weren't that hard to do,just time consuming and making sure that they line up correctly.I was going to use some LED replacements for the illumination bulbs but they didn't disperse the light they way that 194's do.I Also did the oil pressure gauge mod at the same time.That also wasn't too difficult to do.The hardest part was getting the nipple aligned correctly so that the new sender has enough room..Also put my fender moulding on...Everything worked out great..Here is some pics:

Attachments

• IMAG0084.jpg
    IMAG0084.jpg
    401.6 KB · Views: 142
  • IMAG0086.jpg
    IMAG0086.jpg
    411.4 KB · Views: 98
  • IMAG0088.jpg
    IMAG0088.jpg
    371.8 KB · Views: 108
Just curious,is there anything else that controls the brightness of the dash lights other than the headlamp switch??...The dash illumination has always been kinda low,even after I did the additional bulb upgrade that I saw in a post here or from TCCOA,...I have already changed my headlight switch out with a new one for a different reason,but even that didn't help...

they sell strip LED's you need about 30" and run them around the gauge housing you wont be disapointed
here is mine I used the factory gauges and sanded off the green color added the strip of white and put a purple LED behind each needle

Attachments

• gauges.jpg
    gauges.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 234
Brad, when are you going to finish that car so I don't have to keep seeing it a picture at a time?

hahaha I stopped in the bodyshop Friday and said I'm picking up my bumper and it made him feel bad so he told me to come back next week and it will be ready LOL he is a good friend and I cant complain to much after the deal he gave me. after that its just clean it up and put the stereo back in it and I should be back on the road

Back