Can i use a regular 3.8 balancer?

engineman123

Is a regular tbird balancer the same as the one on a SC? or a mustang 3.8, or do i have to have one for a sc? what makes them differant?

Is a regular tbird balancer the same as the one on a SC? or a mustang 3.8, or do i have to have one for a sc? what makes them differant?

i know the early 3.8na's are built with a distributor but other then that i couldnt tell you if they would work..

now if you need a late model balancer i have one for a good price.. ;)

The na 3.8 is externally balanced, while the sc is internally balanced. It will fit on there but it'll shake the crap out of you if you try to drive it :eek: Not sure if it has holes for the sensor ring either.

whats the differance in the early sc balancer and the later ones? Im still thinking about yours '92sclikenew' thats the best price I have found lol. What kind of price would you have in mind Big-e?

whats the differance in the early sc balancer and the later ones? Im still thinking about yours '92sclikenew' thats the best price I have found lol. What kind of price would you have in mind Big-e?

I believe that the main difference is the design of the trigger wheel for the crankshaft position sensor. I think the trigger wheels can be switched between years.

Don't take my word for it though ... this is part hearsay.

you would need a fixture to swap the tone rings from one balancer to the other. They need to be perfectly centered and the bolt holes on the early model don't line up on the late model.

Get the proper balancer and everything will be fine.

Give me a "ship to" zip code and I'll quote you a price that includes shipping.....

i know the early 3.8na's are built with a distributor but other then that i couldnt tell you if they would work..

now if you need a late model balancer i have one for a good price.. ;)

That wouldnt happen to be balancer you were supposed to return to me would it???:rolleyes::mad:

I have converted a 94/95 balancer to an early model. The hub on the 94/95 balancer where the toothed sensor ring mounts has to be machined down on a lathe to the level of the weight for the older sensor ring to fit and align with the sensor. The 4 bolt holes line up and the old sensor ring orients properly. Compare the 2 of them and you can see it.

Back