Cranks, won't start.

Rhitchiner

How about a little help guys. Before I start just replacing parts I want to confirm that I probably need a crank sensor.

1990 Auto with 70,000 miles. Fuel pump starts with key on. Upshift light is on with all the rest. Turn the key and engine cranks. Upshift light stays on. Tach does not move. Engine does not start!

When I check the schrader valve I get a little spurt of fuel, don't know the pressure. I'll get a reading on the presure in the next couple of days

Crank does not wobble. All bolts present and tight.

Don't have an OBDI reader.

:(

you dont need a reader to get the codes....you have to jump the test port on the pass. side firewall.......search for KOEO test ...... the codes consists of a series of flashes. getting the codes is a good start . although... if the needle on the tach doesnt move slightly when cranked it usually mean its a primary ignition failure......things to look at are the DIS and the harness leading up to it ...mine got scuffed near the cam sensor from the sc.

if the upshift light stays on when cranking, you are not getting a reading from the crank sensor. Outside anything else, I would replace the crank sensor first.

Chris

Back