More brake troubles

supertodd

When I bought the car the brakes went out so I replaced the accum ball and the pump motor relay fixed the problem brakes were fine. Now I let the car sit for about 4 days and now they go straight to the floor with no resistance at all, no leaks at all anywhere. The abs motor comes on just like it should and none of the lights are on. When the pedal hits the floor it will stop the car suddenly, im loosing my mind with this car nothing but problems since I bought it.

How long does the pump motor run before it shuts off.....

First thing I would do is bleed the brake lines to make sure there is no air in the lines....

If that doesn't fix your problem, then I would replace the master cylinder...

How long does the pump motor run before it shuts off.....

First thing I would do is bleed the brake lines to make sure there is no air in the lines....

If that doesn't fix your problem, then I would replace the master cylinder...

Pump motor runs for about 45 seconds or so

Can you hear the pump motor bog down as it build pressure to the accumulator just before it shuts off.....

If so, then that part of your system is operating alright...

I gotta ask.....

Have you checked the fluid level in the reservoir....

Can you hear the pump motor bog down as it build pressure to the accumulator just before it shuts off.....

If so, then that part of your system is operating alright...

I gotta ask.....

Have you checked the fluid level in the reservoir....

that is exactly what is happening with the pump motor, so at least that is working okay

Yes the first thing I checked was the fluid and that sucker is topped off.

Bleed the brakes (they probably could use a good flush anyway).....:p

See if you get any air out the bleeder ports....

Get rid of the abs motor and go to conventional brakes. Same year lower model tbird brakebooster, 93 crown vic mastercylinder(non police intetcepter).these parts can be picked up at ur local parts store.hardest thing to find is 93 crown vic proportionimg valve. Did to my 89 and she stops real good.

turned out to be my master cylinder brakes finally work good now. Got the master cylinder from the big e on this forum (excellent guy to deal with by the way). Thanks to everyone for the input.

Back