I need help picking out a nice cam

blackmustang98_

hey guys, i am doing a m90 swap 91 model on my mustang 98 v6 5 speed, as far as mods am gettin a 310lph fuel pump, LT headers, front mount IC, 36 injectors ,. sct x3 w a tune and i am really wanting a cam and here r my options can u help me out picking one? and am using my 98 mustang heads

I am leaning towards the second one
http://www.compperformancegroupstor...Y&Store_Code=CC&Category_Code=FORD466Cams3842

it says i dont need springs or retainers, the guy who s sellin me that cam on their web said he recommended it with springs and retainers even tho it says i dont need them , i guess is just to be on the safe side? or he s just trying to up sale ??
what do you think?

and can someone tell me a lil on the difference of cams between the second one and the third one? ( becauseIF am buying springs and retainers i might as well go w the third one) but the car is my daily driver too so i wont really take it to the track or anything now but i want to mess around with her u and that Nice cam sound and some power u know...

Please help me out over here, thanks a lot guys

Diego.

The best recommendation I could give you is to contact Dave Dalke (XR7Dave) and he can spec and get you a cam that would fit what you are after.

As a side note, I'd recommend getting yourself a full SC motor and swap that in. The SC motor has the forged crank as well as forged rods, which your v6 doesn't have, and those not forged setups don't usually last long with 14lbs of boost thrown at them from a blower.

Also consider going with at least 42#injectors which will be good to about 300rwhp... you want more than that then 60's are the way to go.

Fraser

give spinninghweels-sc.com a call .. victor can help u out with a cam ... hes got one of the best prices out there..

hey guys, i am doing a m90 swap 91 model on my mustang 98 v6 5 speed, as far as mods am gettin a 310lph fuel pump, LT headers, front mount IC, 36 injectors ,. sct x3 w a tune and i am really wanting a cam and here r my options can u help me out picking one? and am using my 98 mustang heads

I am leaning towards the second one
http://www.compperformancegroupstor...Y&Store_Code=CC&Category_Code=FORD466Cams3842

it says i dont need springs or retainers, the guy who s sellin me that cam on their web said he recommended it with springs and retainers even tho it says i dont need them , i guess is just to be on the safe side? or he s just trying to up sale ??
what do you think?

and can someone tell me a lil on the difference of cams between the second one and the third one? ( becauseIF am buying springs and retainers i might as well go w the third one) but the car is my daily driver too so i wont really take it to the track or anything now but i want to mess around with her u and that Nice cam sound and some power u know...

Please help me out over here, thanks a lot guys

Diego.

Diego,

IMO, None of those cams have enough valve lift. Suggest you have a custom cam supplied by Dave Dalke using a new billet core. He can also make sure you get the correct springs and pushrods. His prices are also very competitive. Best way to contact him is by email at this address.

mdkracing@windstream.net

David

What more help do you need?

Dalke is the goto guy for 99% of the club, and as mentioned, his prices are very competitive.

Fraser

Back