How do you fix a jammed air ratchet?

Wanted1990SC

I bought a cheap air ratchet from Walmart. Can't remember the brand but it was spur of the moment kind of buy. I've used to maybe 20 times so it does have a little use on it. I went to go use it today and its jammed, just sprays out air. Seems like one of that little things on the side of it jammed. Any ideas of how to fix this?

Jammed

Add a couple drops of thin oil in the air inlet, then tap the end lightly against a piece of wood to see if it frees up. Did you have water or mousture in the air lines when you used it last?

Going to the June 26th meeting? Tilted Kilt of Woodridge, Sunday June 26th at 1:00.

Ron

I usually just pound mine into the concrete and work the trigger till it runs. Try running it in the opposite direction as well. I have a cheap walmart brand one too and it constantly jams.

My personal experience is, if you use air tools often use the cheap air tools as backups to your good ones (if you have any) :D otherwise they will let you down when you need them most.

lol! I don't own a good one. That's the only one i own. Had to replace a hub in my wife's trailblazer yesterday and i had to use my good ol fashion ratchet! :p I'll try the tips you guys suggested. Thanks

Ron, I might make it over there if i'm free. I sold my last SC and I'd said i'd never buy another one, but I've been keeping my eye out for another one. I've been getting that itch again and thinking about a project car. Maybe the 4th time is a charm! lol

Fernando

lol! I don't own a good one. That's the only one i own. Had to replace a hub in my wife's trailblazer yesterday and i had to use my good ol fashion ratchet! :p I'll try the tips you guys suggested. Thanks

Ron, I might make it over there if i'm free. I sold my last SC and I'd said i'd never buy another one, but I've been keeping my eye out for another one. I've been getting that itch again and thinking about a project car. Maybe the 4th time is a charm! lol

Fernando

You could always go to Walmart and buy another cheap one!

1: Buy an Ingresol Rand
2: Throw that ~~~ in the trash!
3: Enjoy an air ratchet that always works!

I bought a 750FTlb 1/2" IR impact and a nice IR 3/8 air ratchet from MSC for
$219 came with some impact sockets and a nice case. I pitched my walmart crap and never looked back. I use mine at work almost daily with no problems whatsoever! liked it so much i bought another one for home.

Back