how do i swap to Teves II sys??

James Kanteraki

I've got a 92 SC, and i can't remember the name of the system we, but anyway is broke and the part i need is discontinued, so i remembered that i had seen that some people had swapped to the Teves Mark II system.

anyone out there done it or know a site that tell about the swap.
I need a full run down of what it takes, if such a rundown exists.

thanks
jim

The ABS unit in a '92 SC is a Teves Mark II. If you order one from Prior Remanufacturing ( www.priorreman.com ), it is a direct replacement. It will cost you around $400.00 for the rebuilt unit, which comes with a new accumulator installed and carries a 36-month warranty.

Installation is easy: disconnect the electrical connections and the brakelines from the old unit, (do this from the top, along with removing the windshield cowling) disconnect the actuator rod from the brake pedal (the brakelight switch is also located at this connection, make a note of how it was positioned so that you get it back on correctly), remove the four (4) mounting bolts from the studs. This is probably the most difficult part because you have to position yourself to be able to work under the dash. Once the nuts are removed from the studs, remove the old ABS unit from the engine compartment. It takes some patience to get the unit clear of all the "stuff" around it. Installation of the new unit is the reverse. Be sure to bleed the brakes after installation is completed.
I did mine "in the driveway" in about an hour and a half by myself. (and I ain't no mechanic)
Let me know if you run into any "snags"........

LJ,
thanks for the help, if i have the Teves II on my car what is the system that came on previous years, because i though i had heard that some of the birds came with another system, that wasn't as good as the teves II.

Hmmm... $400 bones, i gotta check the junk yards for a valve block body.

thanks.

ps sorry about my grammer, i usuall ckeck my posts, gee even i had a hard time and i wrote it.

jim

Back