PDA

View Full Version : Quarter Horse GB

BirdofPrey97
06-28-2011, 10:04 AM
We need to get at least 5 for this price to work.

For the QH and matching def file/strategy file would be $265 shipped to your door.

If you are interested please let me know.

You will need to spend about another $80 with Clint to get the BE.

"P" = Paid

RED = showing up to the party a touch late, but still invited.

People:

1.Kenny
2.shoalcracker P
3.StillwellSC P
4.ricardoa1 P
5.macius8 P
6.DirtyDog P
7. Victor
8. scskydivin

BirdofPrey97
06-28-2011, 11:20 AM
4 more required. As far as a time line I dont have one set. Figuring the ordering would be best to have completed by the end of August. If payments come before then they can be ordered earlier. Up to the parties involved and their feedback at this point.

shoalcracker
06-28-2011, 09:52 PM
Todd

I'm in regardless of dates.

Paul

Dirtyd0g
06-29-2011, 12:32 AM
What is the definition file? I don't understand that part. If I can find a reasonable strategy for my 95 4.6 car I will be in.
Alan

BirdofPrey97
06-29-2011, 08:32 AM
What is the definition file? I don't understand that part. If I can find a reasonable strategy for my 95 4.6 car I will be in.
Alan

Alan,

Sorry for the confusion on that. Def File = Strategy File.

Hope that clears it up. I will update the first post.

ricardoa1
06-29-2011, 09:16 AM
I probably could help out. I think I need to get in the new wave.

StilwellSC
06-29-2011, 09:29 AM
Todd,

Please put me on the list.

Mike8675309
06-29-2011, 09:40 AM
What is the definition file?

The definition is the software that someone like Fraser (there are others as well) writes which provides a mapping between the binary world of the EEC and the human readable world of tuners. It sticks real names on memory locations and translates values so you can enter a value like 120 and it will store it how the EEC expects to see it.

Binary editor calls it the Strategy. Each definition file typically is associated with a particular EEC-IV strategy. The Strategy your physical EEC-V or EEC-IV box has is usually the strategy or definition you need. Though, with the QH, it is possible to run specific different Strategys on a EEC-IV than was originally on it.

It appears that most 94/95 V8 cars use the CCAQE strategy/definition.

BirdofPrey97
06-29-2011, 10:09 AM
I probably could help out. I think I need to get in the new wave.

Let me know when you know for sure and I will put you on the list. :)

ricardoa1
06-29-2011, 10:18 AM
Let me know when you know for sure and I will put you on the list. :)

Put it down.

BirdofPrey97
06-29-2011, 12:52 PM
One more and we can move forward. :)

macius8
06-29-2011, 03:03 PM
you can put me down on the list as well

BirdofPrey97
06-29-2011, 03:07 PM
We have the number we need. If you guys want to let this run through the holiday weekend and then plan on sending the money by Friday the 8th that works for me.

ricardoa1
06-29-2011, 04:10 PM
Unless someone from the above list needs extra time to save up for it i dont see a need to extend it. Thats also unless the price drops further with more sales.

macius8
06-29-2011, 04:26 PM
I am in no hurry at all, therefore if more people means a price drop I am all for it.

Dirtyd0g
06-29-2011, 04:39 PM
So to clear it up I will get the strategy file I need to use on my 95 4.6 car. If that is the case I am in for sure. I need about a week to send payment as I am waiting for some stuff to clear. I already have BE so this will be all I need correct?
Alan

Flex
06-30-2011, 12:48 PM
Todd,

A few questions for you.

Who is the seller or vendor?

I looked at the QH before as my brother will need one once his engine is finished. In previous discussions, I was told that a person would only need to buy one BE as it could be used on several chips. I have a 91 myself that could benefit from the QH.

So in essence what I am asking is I could buy only one copy of the BE and use it for several chips?

Will Canadian members also pay $265 shipped?

Will there be a greater price break for a larger number of buyers?

BirdofPrey97
06-30-2011, 01:31 PM
Todd,

Who is the seller or vendor? I will ask if they want to be identified.
So in essence what I am asking is I could buy only one copy of the BE and use it for several chips? From my understanding the BE will only talk to 1 QH. You will install the BE and plug into the QH and it will give you a code you send that code in and you will be given the serial number to allow the BE and QH to communicate.
Will Canadian members also pay $265 shipped? I will ask
Will there be a greater price break for a larger number of buyers? I will ask.

Answers in Red.

BirdofPrey97
06-30-2011, 01:34 PM
So to clear it up I will get the strategy file I need to use on my 95 4.6 car. If that is the case I am in for sure. I need about a week to send payment as I am waiting for some stuff to clear. I already have BE so this will be all I need correct?
Alan

Alan, I will ask if a 95 4.6 strategy is available.(I dont know why it wouldnt be), but the price DOES include the strategy.

I am not the person to ask about what all the BE will speak with. That is better question for Clint. From my understanding the QH and BE are locked together for communication, but that is from the QH allowing the EEC to communicate to the BE and that locks them together.

StilwellSC
06-30-2011, 01:37 PM
I too am not in a hurry and if more people = lower price, that is always good.

BirdofPrey97
06-30-2011, 02:34 PM
The vendor wishes to stay behind the scenes on this one, so once the GB is complete information will be exchanged.

The price is as cheap as it is going to get.

Canada is an additonal $6.

Hope that answers everything. With the multiple chip and BE maybe Mike can answer that or it has probably already been addressed in the Members tuning section.

Mike8675309
06-30-2011, 02:39 PM
BE doesn't marry itself to a QH. One copy of BE can be used for multiple QH chips, as well as different Strategies. Moates QH is simply a feature you need to turn on via a license from Clint. The standard Binary Editor license includes two devices to be connected, one Logger, and one Tuner. i.e. I have Innovate and Moates turned on for my LM1 O2 sensor and my QH.

BE does marry itself to your computer. Once you install it on a computer and get a license, you have a license only for that computer.

BirdofPrey97
06-30-2011, 02:42 PM
Thank you Mike!!!

Dirtyd0g
06-30-2011, 08:12 PM
I have a friend that needs one as well, need stategy for a 94 markVIII so I am in for 2 as long as we have a week or so.
Alan

Mike8675309
06-30-2011, 09:44 PM
I have a friend that needs one as well, need stategy for a 94 markVIII so I am in for 2 as long as we have a week or so.
Alan

94 Mark VIII appears should have a batch code of Z4H0 which would cross over to a strategy code of CZAJL. 4valve v8's are different than the 2valve. Though I'm not sure.

BirdofPrey97
07-01-2011, 08:38 AM
Alan,

I don't know about the strategy with another platform. Let me ask and I will get back with you.

On another note I might be starting another thread on a GB for LC-1 Innovative for $150 shipped to your door. If that interest anyone let me know. Just don't know who all needs one. That price is for 5.

Mike8675309
07-01-2011, 10:43 AM
On another note I might be starting another thread on a GB for LC-1 Innovative for $150 shipped to your door.

that's a good price if people need them. I picked up a pair on sale at the beginning of the year for $157 shipped. With BE, you can chain two sensors together and log them both.

BLOWN38
07-01-2011, 10:45 AM
I'd be down for a LC1. Actually does the LC1 come with a guage? If not, what about a GB on the new MTX L?

Dirtyd0g
07-01-2011, 12:36 PM
I'm good on the wideband I got an LM2 and it is turned on in my BE as well as the QH. Fixed it all at once when I got the stategy for my 97 (cdan4). Now all I need to do is get better at using it.
Alan

BirdofPrey97
07-01-2011, 07:53 PM
All, the only strategy that will be available is the SC. All others will have to be had from your own discretion. Sorry, but that is the best I can do, but this is a SC site. ;)

I can start another thread on the LC1s since there is interest, but it probably wont be until next month.

Mike8675309
07-01-2011, 08:42 PM
All, the only strategy that will be available is the SC.

I believe what that means, for this group buy the only strategy you can select (included in the price) is one that is valid for the SC. If you want a non SC or additional strategy, that will be at an additional cost, usually between $25 and $35 dollars. this can still be a savings to you if you want a qh depending what shipping costs to you are.

Dirtyd0g
07-02-2011, 03:01 PM
I have another buddy wanting one and he needs to get the stategy for his 84svo. I don't mind paying up to $35 extra for the correct stategy and just getting the sc stratgey to have, the cost confuses me I paid $200 for my cdan4 strategy.
Alan

fturner
07-06-2011, 03:50 PM
I'm very curious as to the source of your strategy files you are selling, as I'm only aware of 2 sources for the one strategy, and 1 source for the other 3 strategies which will cover the supercoupe's.

An FYI, there is 4 strategies to cover the SC's, and they are not interchangable.

Fraser

BirdofPrey97
07-06-2011, 03:52 PM
These QH only come with the SC Strategy that is all that is available with this GB. Unless you are talking to Mike about what he is looking into with Strategy(s).

fturner
07-06-2011, 03:58 PM
Interesting, I look forward to hearing the results on this.

Fraser

BirdofPrey97
07-06-2011, 04:26 PM
Interesting, I look forward to hearing the results on this.

Fraser

Not sure I understand that comment, but moving on...............

No one else has stepped up or said anything guys, so Friday will be the date for payment.

Dirtyd0g
07-06-2011, 07:23 PM
I'm very curious as to the source of your strategy files you are selling, as I'm only aware of 2 sources for the one strategy, and 1 source for the other 3 strategies which will cover the supercoupe's.

An FYI, there is 4 strategies to cover the SC's, and they are not interchangable.

Fraser

I figured it was you, I'm out of guesses now.
I will get with my buddies today and tomorrow to see what they want to do I am on the fence because I will still need strategies to use them and I can technically get the unit for less buying it direct without the strategy. Is there a different price for purchase without strategy at all? Not to sound lazy but if I need a SC tuned there are 2 guys I will trust and I am not one of them.
Alan

ricardoa1
07-06-2011, 10:36 PM
THis is starting to get confusing. I dont want to commit if I am not able to get whats advertised. If there are 4 different strategies and Fraser has propietary rights to three of them what does the group buy strategy fit? YEar/code?

fturner
07-07-2011, 08:48 AM
THis is starting to get confusing. I dont want to commit if I am not able to get whats advertised. If there are 4 different strategies and Fraser has propietary rights to three of them what does the group buy strategy fit? YEar/code?

Its not so much the rights issue, but where are the strategies coming from as I am only aware of myself doing the strategies that cover the SC's from 91 to 95. One other person besides myself did the strategy that covers the 89/90 SC's.

I'm not trying to cause a problem here or bork this group buy, but I do feel obligated being a club member to point out a possible issue.

The strategy/definition files are as follows.

GURE -> 89's-90's
GSALC -> most 91's
GSALI -> 92's-93's
CZAW0 -> 94's-95's

At this time besides myself, the only other person that sells the definition files that I've done is Dave Dalke.

Fraser

BirdofPrey97
07-07-2011, 09:09 AM
The strategy will work for your car and they will be the proper unit for your vehicle. This product will work and it is the most updated SC strategy available for your vehicle.

I am not understanding what the issue is. The set price for the QH and the SC strategy(ies) for your car is 265 shipped to your door. If you want to say $35 for the strategy go ahead and subtract that from the price and the QH will cost you 235 break the price up however makes you happy.

I have never sold a product that did not work or meet the expectations. I did sell a set of shocks that were damaged during shipping, but that issue was resolved and the person was awarded a full refund.

If you are uncomfortable with this purchase please do not do it, but I promise you that it will work and you will be dealing with the proper tuning equipment and tuning professional.

Fraser, your input to the community is greatly appreciated, but not having all the information and posting doubts in the thread does not help anyone. If you want to talk in PMs feel free.

You'll need to get the def files through the tuner, the SC ones on the BE
website are not current versions. The def files will be encrypted so
each person will need to contact the tuner again with their machine code for their particular strategy (SC's only). They'll have to register BE through Clint first before they can generate a def file specific machine code.

fturner
07-07-2011, 09:20 AM
I know I have all the information, and I also understand the whole process of the QH and BE etc, as I am the one that brought the whole system to this community in the first place :rolleyes:.

I, and others, just want to know the source of your strategy files you will be selling to everyone, which you have not answered. One strategy file will not work on all the years of the SC. You are selling a strategy file in this package, we're just asking you to clarify its source.

Fraser

BirdofPrey97
07-07-2011, 09:23 AM
I know I have all the information, and I also understand the whole process of the QH and BE etc, as I am the one that brought the whole system to this community in the first place :rolleyes:.

I, and others, just want to know the source of your strategy files you will be selling to everyone, which you have not answered. One strategy file will not work on all the years of the SC.

Fraser

I know the first statement and that is why I said thank for your contributions to the forum.

The 2nd question will be answered once the GB is over with. The vendor has asked to not be involved until all the units are purchased. I will simply have to be trusted on this concern.

fturner
07-07-2011, 09:28 AM
Just sorted this out with a couple of pm's and everything's cool.

Sorry for the confusion.

Fraser

sailorbob
07-07-2011, 09:55 AM
You'll need to get the def files through the tuner, the SC ones on the BE website are not current versions.Wow, a pretty bold and inaccurate statement to make. FYI, the definitions on the BE website named "...... Read Only.cry" are created by me and are my current versions. I cannot comment on how current Fraser's defs are on the site (I'll leave that to him :) ).

Maybe you ought to clarify that the definitions you are proposing to supply are from neither Fraser nor myself to avoid any confusion.

BirdofPrey97
07-07-2011, 09:59 AM
Maybe you ought to clarify that the definitions you are proposing to supply are from neither Fraser nor myself to avoid any confusion.

I could only do that if that statement were true. :D

fturner
07-07-2011, 10:01 AM
Ok, since I stirred the pot here (I have a tendency to do that :o ), the def files will be the ones I've created, I just didn't know about it until now.

Again, my apologies for the confusion.

Fraser

sailorbob
07-07-2011, 10:03 AM
OK, well that's gotten me confused :confused: From reading the posts it appeared the defs weren't from Fraser and I know they aren't mine.

EDIT: Fraser just pipped me with a new post clarifying things :D

BirdofPrey97
07-11-2011, 08:39 AM
Alright, sorry the the absense, but things came up.

The payments are now due. If you would send the payment to tlundvall at gmail dot com (paypa)I will forward the payment on to the vendor. This is for Paypal payment. If you wish to due it not as a personal payment then please add 3%. Please make sure your shipping address and screen name are in the comments section when you make the payment.

The QHs will be coming directly from the vendor.

If you wish to send me a check or M.O. please contact me via PM. Once all 5payments are received I will be making the purchase and will post that information.

The list on the first post will be updated with a "P" for those that I recieve payment from.

shoalcracker
07-12-2011, 08:37 AM
Todd

PM sent.

Tks again for grinding another great purchase opportunity out.

Paul

BirdofPrey97
07-12-2011, 08:58 AM
Got your PM Paul and payment. Thanks for hanging in there. Once I get everyones payment an Echeck will be sent to the vendor and he will be sending the QHs out.

ricardoa1
07-12-2011, 09:00 AM
Paypal sent.

BirdofPrey97
07-12-2011, 09:01 AM
Paypal sent.

Got it. Thanks Ricardo.

victor malvar
07-12-2011, 11:52 AM
I would be interested in one also...........

Victor....
spinningwheels-sc.com

BirdofPrey97
07-12-2011, 11:53 AM
Victor....
spinningwheels-sc.com

Sale is still open until everyone pays. :)

ironworker
07-12-2011, 07:17 PM
i would like to get one too

scskydivin
07-13-2011, 12:56 AM
Sale is still open until everyone pays. :)

I may be in on this also. I have paypal funds at the ready. I'm just waiting on some advice from Mr. Dalke before I pull the trigger. I don't have a laptop, and don't want to get this if I can't use it. However, If I do need this, I don't want to miss this price. It's the only way I can get it. Hopefully, A member or two will wait a couple more days. Please, please, please, please ???:o??

BirdofPrey97
07-13-2011, 08:12 AM
Guys, I am going to be out of state 14-22nd, so I will be checking the boards during that time, but not with any frequency. Once I have at least 5 payments I will post that and give another day for the others that want in.

The first post has the names of the people that were originally interested and a "P" for paid by their names if they have paid.

Victor, ironworker (I can't imagine those two posting in the same thread :p) and scskydivin you are welcome to send in payment, but I will be waiting to hear back from the original people before making the order.

scskydivin a laptop that could run the BE program can be had for $100 maybe less. GL You could have a desk top in the garage, but road tuning would not be fun.

Thanks guys. If anyone needs this part "right now" let me know before I take off in a jet tomorrow at 5AM CST. :D

StilwellSC
07-13-2011, 07:17 PM
Payment sent. Great job Todd!

Dirtyd0g
07-13-2011, 07:57 PM
I am in no hurry at all, therefore if more people means a price drop I am all for it.
agreed if the price drops I may go ahead and get an extra as well.
Alan

ironworker
07-13-2011, 08:39 PM
Guys, I am going to be out of state 14-22nd, so I will be checking the boards during that time, but not with any frequency. Once I have at least 5 payments I will post that and give another day for the others that want in.

The first post has the names of the people that were originally interested and a "P" for paid by their names if they have paid.

Victor, ironworker (I can't imagine those two posting in the same thread :p) and scskydivin you are welcome to send in payment, but I will be waiting to hear back from the original people before making the order.

scskydivin a laptop that could run the BE program can be had for $100 maybe less. GL You could have a desk top in the garage, but road tuning would not be fun.

Thanks guys. If anyone needs this part "right now" let me know before I take off in a jet tomorrow at 5AM CST. :D

never mind .. ill just go and spend the money with them and pay reg price... trying to help u out and i dident even know he post here .. thanks smart ~~~ .u just lost money

CMac89
07-13-2011, 11:33 PM
never mind .. ill just go and spend the money with them and pay reg price... trying to help u out and i dident even know he post here .. thanks smart ~~~ .u just lost money

He didn't say anything worth being overzealous about. Don't overreact and just help each other save and make money.

BirdofPrey97
07-14-2011, 10:19 PM
agreed if the price drops I may go ahead and get an extra as well.
Alan

Guys, the price will not get any cheaper. $265 shipped to you is the best price on this deal.

I make $0 off of this stuff. Done 2 GB in the past few months and my bank account shows no profit. I don't do this for $. It is done to help out people on this site if someone doesn't join in that is a choice they are free to make. To the best of my knowledge a GB that you make $ off of must first be stated that you are making $ off of it before it can go into place.

I should be getting one more person to pay by tomorrow, so the $ will be sent on Saturday maybe Sunday since I am out of town working and won't be home until the following Saturday the 23rd.

Jimmy 2Coupes
07-15-2011, 03:36 PM
I know I'm late to this GB but if it's not to late you can put me down for one.

BirdofPrey97
07-16-2011, 08:47 AM
I know I'm late to this GB but if it's not to late you can put me down for one.

Eveyone that is saying they want one, payment needs to be made by the end of the day today July 16th. All of the original people have made their payment(s). If you would like to order one as well I need to have the payments sent via paypal with 3% added on if you don't want to do a personal payment.

tlundvall at gmail dot com is the account name.

If you did not get in on this one or can't I will probably have another one in a couple months since I couldn't get in on this one myself either.:rolleyes::D

scskydivin
07-16-2011, 10:22 AM
I'm out then. Thanks for the work on getting us lower prices.

Jimmy 2Coupes
07-16-2011, 03:55 PM
Eveyone that is saying they want one, payment needs to be made by the end of the day today July 16th. All of the original people have made their payment(s). If you would like to order one as well I need to have the payments sent via paypal with 3% added on if you don't want to do a personal payment.

If you did not get in on this one or can't I will probably have another one in a couple months since I couldn't get in on this one myself either.:rolleyes::D

I'll have to wait for the next GB since I woudn't be able to make payment until funds I transferrd to my paypal account yesterday won't post for a few days.

92sclikenew
07-17-2011, 10:54 AM
I'll have to wait for the next GB since I woudn't be able to make payment until funds I transferrd to my paypal account yesterday won't post for a few days.

if you have a bank card you can pay instantly. didnt know if you knew that..;)

92bird
07-22-2011, 02:51 AM
I'll be in on the next group buy.. I can probably take 3 or 4 myself actually (pooling some money together from local SC guys)

Jeramie

victor malvar
07-22-2011, 11:57 AM

Victor....
spinningwheels-sc.com

Sorry but I am out from this GP maybe next one......

Jimmy 2Coupes
08-01-2011, 08:57 PM
So now that the GB is over who was the vender?

Dirtyd0g
08-01-2011, 10:40 PM
it is over? last I heard it was until august 3rd....

ricardoa1
08-01-2011, 10:42 PM
So now that the GB is over who was the vender?

Confidential to protect the innocent. :cool:

Jimmy 2Coupes
08-02-2011, 05:11 PM
it is over? last I heard it was until august 3rd....

If you did not get in on this one or can't I will probably have another one in a couple months since I couldn't get in on this one myself either.

From that post I got money needed to be recieved at the end of the day July 16th to be included in this GB. That date has come and gone so I assumed it's over. Am I wrong?

Jimmy 2Coupes
08-02-2011, 05:17 PM
Confidential to protect the innocent. :cool:

Ya so whats all this top secret stuff about anyway?:confused: I have a pretty good idea who the vender was I just wanted to know if I'm right.

Dirtyd0g
08-02-2011, 11:49 PM
From that post I got money needed to be recieved at the end of the day July 16th to be included in this GB. That date has come and gone so I assumed it's over. Am I wrong?

It conflicts with the pm I got but heck I don't know. {voice of doc from disney cars} I'm confused.
Alan

ricardoa1
08-09-2011, 01:45 PM
Bump for an update, I am in need of it I need to get cracking on this.

BirdofPrey97
08-09-2011, 02:35 PM
Bump for an update, I am in need of it I need to get cracking on this.

A personal check is being sent to the vendor today. Sorry for the delay. The amount just hit my checking account today.

Dirtyd0g
08-22-2011, 01:28 AM
Any update? Not really in a hurry or anything just curious.
Alan

BirdofPrey97
08-22-2011, 09:49 AM
Any update? Not really in a hurry or anything just curious.
Alan

Vendor has the $ and parts should be shipped out the end of this week or first of next.

Macius hasn't sent in the ECC code, so he will have to work that out with the vendor. Just received StilWellSC's and forwarded that on to the vendor.

Dirtyd0g
08-22-2011, 11:28 PM
Thanks!
Alan

r1dd1ck913
08-22-2011, 11:43 PM
Can I still get in on this?

BirdofPrey97
08-23-2011, 09:01 AM
Can I still get in on this?

Not at this time. It has closed. Some are just awaiting arrival.

I will be doing another one, but probably not until Spring. It will have the Innovative WideBand sensor to go with it. Probably be in the range of $400 for both shipped to your door.