Traction sucks, getting slicks, got ?'s

Hock

I found a set of M/T ET Drags for cheap that still have some passes left on them. They are 26x10 15's. Now does anyone know if theses will work with LX wheels without to many problems?

Last edited:
I found a set of M/T ET Drags for cheap that still have some passes left on them. They are 26x10 15's. Now does anyone know if theses will work with LX wheels without to many problems?

Yes, they will work. I raced with the same tire and wheel for several years. The rim is a little too narrow for that tire so you don't get full contact patch unless you really drop the tire pressure (to 13 or 14 psi), but then they feel unstable on the top end, causing the car to sway side to side. I had best results at around 17 psi.

Both of my SC have been 10s on them, so there is still plenty of traction. Here is a picture of the same tire & wheel on my 93 SC

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_attachment.php?id=223&attach_type=full

David

Last edited:
Awesome, so its off to the junk yard tomorrow to get some wheels! Then to the track once I get a new SC belt and Alternator.

Thanks Dave!

I wish you were closer to STL. I have a set on LX wheels with 9ish passes on them.....:rolleyes:

Attachments

• 1989bird.jpg
    1989bird.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Back