PDA

View Full Version : Red 91 five speed. NEEDS TO GO in SE Iowa

lurch256
07-03-2011, 09:28 PM
A while back I wanted to get this car up and running, then life happened to me. Got married, had a kid. In short it has been sitting outside my garage waiting to spend time with me. I have the original sale bill in the glove box. It is a one owner and then me. The first engine is on a stand, the second engine was a "short" term engine that has been in way to long. It came out of a junk yard and was dropped in. Needless to say it isn't so strong any more. It all needs to go!!

I have so many other places to spend money right now and this car is so far down my list...

That means it needs to go. Will take money, trade, or any offer....

Red 1991 5 speed. will send pics,

Changed engine recently (but new engine isn't so strong. Heads will go soon enough)

Have original on a stand. (you can have the stand too)

ANY OFFER WILL BE CONSIDERED let me know what you are interested in.

email me for pics or more info.

Jeremyklop@gmail.com

lurch256
06-19-2012, 03:21 PM
I am going to refresh this post. I need to get rid of this thing... I had a guy stop to ask if I would junk it and it made me cry a little bit but the guy was right, it has been sitting fro two years... If you want it let me know! He said I could get 500 for it...... so I consider that to be a starting point. I think it is worth more than that, but something is better than nothing.

BirdofPrey97
06-19-2012, 03:41 PM
Can you post pics? How rusty is it? Miles? What doesn't work? How old is the clutch? birdofprey97 at gmail dot com

lurch256
06-19-2012, 04:00 PM
I threw a google site up to show some pics......

https://sites.google.com/site/fordscforsale/

Minimal rust with pics, milage is 120000 on engine (that is on a stand) the other engine is a guess as it is out of a junk yard and the heads are weak. I haven't drove it in more than a year, but know it will start and run. Just how far is the questions.

BirdofPrey97
06-19-2012, 04:14 PM
Great. thanks.

BirdofPrey97
06-19-2012, 04:16 PM
I am interested. Looking for a project since my 89 is pretty much done with the easy stuff. When can this be seen? When you say the heads are weak do you mean they are leaking or going to leak or what?

lurch256
06-19-2012, 04:42 PM
You can see it almost anytime. I am a teacher so I am home most of the summer including weekends....
As for the heads, they are just weak. Water and smoke out of the exhaust. I am sure it would run, but the miles are VERY limited... When they went weak on me I parked it...

BirdofPrey97
06-19-2012, 05:55 PM
Sounds like the Head Gaskets are blown. What does the oil and anti freeze look like? What condition is the motor on the stand in?

BirdofPrey97
06-21-2012, 11:38 AM
I called and left a vm yesterday, but havent heard back. :confused: Hope all is well.

BirdofPrey97
06-24-2012, 09:19 PM
Jeremy,

I didnt get a chance to call you this weekend. Have oil in my hair as I type this from working on my SC and the wife's car today.