Exhaust Manifold Flange Touque

rickbtbird

I have SPC down tubes and cats on my 95 5speed. Where the exhaust manifold meets the down pipe (on either side) I've always torque the nuts to around 260 inch pounds. Recently my exhaust started leaking. I check the torque and the wrench snapped at the high end of the torque range. I ended up giving it another 100 inch pounds and the leaky exhaust is now resolved. Anybody else have this issue?

I have SPC down tubes and cats on my 95 5speed. Where the exhaust manifold meets the down pipe (on either side) I've always torque the nuts to around 260 inch pounds. Recently my exhaust started leaking. I check the torque and the wrench snapped at the high end of the torque range. I ended up giving it another 100 inch pounds and the leaky exhaust is now resolved. Anybody else have this issue?

LOL, how embarrassing. I check a different book and the high range on the bolts is 420 inch pounds so I guess they were NOT at the high end of the torque range. As a matter of fact I wasn't even at the low range :eek:! It should be 25-35 foot pounds (aka 300-420 inch pounds).

Back