Engine trouble

coupe crazy

SCCoA Member
Hello! I'm going crazy and can't figure this out, please help. I recently replaced head gaskets and after everything is put back together it will not start. I've got fuel and spark. I've also checked and rechecked all my electrical harness. Can someone point me in the right direction please.

Compression OK? Spark plugs wires in correct order? How did you check fuel, at the rail, with a gauge? Are the injectors firing, fuel getting to the cylinders?

plug wires are in correct order. Fuel is getting to cylinders. Did not check compression with a guage but did remove a plug and turned the engine over, seems to have compression. Since posting I changed the plugs, coil pack and DIS module still nothing.

plug wires are in correct order. Fuel is getting to cylinders. Did not check compression with a guage but did remove a plug and turned the engine over, seems to have compression. Since posting I changed the plugs, coil pack and DIS module still nothing.

Make sure you are not following the Haynes or Chilton manuals, but the Ford Manual for the wire order.

Could do a quick search I think 6 and 3 are wrong on the other manuals.

They must have been updated finally after almost 25 years.

Mine is wrong on both.

Block
3-6
2-5
1-4

Coil

I thought Dave N or Big E had a diagram of it, but I can't find it right now.

Make sure you are not following the Haynes or Chilton manuals, but the Ford Manual for the wire order.

Could do a quick search I think 6 and 3 are wrong on the other manuals.

That is really weird, my manuals are also correct, had them since my first sc in 99

The book isn't the problem why coupe crazy's car won't start.
  • How long has the car been down? Is it full of bad gas, or worse full of water?
  • Put a gauge on the pressure valve and monitor the fuel pressue while cranking the engine.
  • Put a timing light on one of the plug wires to insure current is getting to the plugs when it is suppose too.

Did ya

Charge your battery back up? Did ya bolt down the ground wire off the injector harness to the back of the Driver side head?

Could be something little?

Good luck!

Tom

Thanks for brainstorming with me by the way guys. For the record my manuals are also correct. All of the things that have been suggested I've checked and rechecked. After reading some of the other threads I think I'm goin to look at crank sensor. I remember the up shift light coming on for a little while before the head gasket blew. Thought that was odd but didn't pay attention to it since it went out without any performance issues. the cam syncronizer was never pulled but thought it could b somethin to look at next. Thoughts suggestions?

Ok, swapped crank sensor. Still nothin. Motor acts like it wants to start. Went back through everything again, its all hooked up correctly. I did notice what appeared to be smoke comin from the back of the engine while turnin it over. Smells like gas pretty strongly. Any more suggestions?

Ok, swapped crank sensor. Still nothin. Motor acts like it wants to start. Went back through everything again, its all hooked up correctly. I did notice what appeared to be smoke comin from the back of the engine while turnin it over. Smells like gas pretty strongly. Any more suggestions?

You are about 100 miles from the best tuner we know of. I would haul it over to him and call it done at this point. The time you are going to waste searching around will be more than made up for just hauling it down there.

You are about 100 miles from the best tuner we know of. I would haul it over to him and call it done at this point. The time you are going to waste searching around will be more than made up for just hauling it down there.

Where can I find his contact info?

Back