PDA

View Full Version : Where to get a tune in STL?

scskydivin
07-04-2011, 09:37 PM
Where can I get a tune done, reasonably priced, in St. Louis?

Or should I just wait for a DD tune?

wildturkey
07-04-2011, 11:48 PM
I have gone to Pure Performance in St Charles some four years ago. Give them a call at 636 946 8554.
Read ya later, Nick

Kurt K
07-05-2011, 12:51 AM
I don't think there is a local shop that will tune using a QH chip, nor will they typically be familiar with SCs. That doesn't mean they won't be able to do a fair job. That said, with the capabilities of the Quarter Horse, I'd at a minimum go with a mail-order tune from Dalke or Fraser for starters and get a dyno tune from one of them when possible.

David Neibert
07-05-2011, 12:52 PM
I don't think there is a local shop that will tune using a QH chip, nor will they typically be familiar with SCs. That doesn't mean they won't be able to do a fair job. That said, with the capabilities of the Quarter Horse, I'd at a minimum go with a mail-order tune from Dalke or Fraser for starters and get a dyno tune from one of them when possible.

I agree.

David

David Neibert
07-05-2011, 05:26 PM
I have gone to Pure Performance in St Charles some four years ago. Give them a call at 636 946 8554.
Read ya later, Nick

Nick,

The guy that used to do their tuning (Ben Craven) is no longer there. He opened his own shop (Craven Performance). He a real nice guy and is pretty good with the later model mustangs, lightnings and the GM stuff, but I would not want him to tune even a moderately modded SC.

David

scskydivin
07-07-2011, 10:40 PM
Thanks for the insight guys,

So, how do I get a mail order tune? Doesn't sound to appealing so I'm sure there's more to it. I would like a hands on tune. But, I don't live in Ohio, so my options are limited. My garage is up to date, minus the pics, can't load the new ones. I have not gotten a tune so the computer thinks it's all stock. I'm not sure how much that affects the smooth operation of things.

And last of all, I have a check engine light as soon as I hit the interstate and it's solid till I turn it off. I fixed what the code told me to fix (EGR sensor). So I'm wondering if it could be a tuning issue.

95_XR7
07-07-2011, 10:46 PM
If you want a mail order tune talk to Dave Dalke (XR7 Dave) and he can hook you up.

-Corey

Kurt K
07-07-2011, 10:53 PM
I would start by emailing XR7Dave. Check his sig for his email.

Once you have the QH and can datalog, you will be able to figure out how to tweak it as necessary. That said, I have all of the tools, and still have a LOT more to learn about tuning. I have been able to make some small tweaks with guidance to get my A/F ratio in line.

edit: I know I at least started typing my reply before Corey replied.

scskydivin
07-08-2011, 08:59 AM
Is that an offer of assistance in exchange for cold beer? :D

Don't post your #, I've got it already, Busy schedules pending of course....

Kurt K
07-08-2011, 11:51 AM
Is that an offer of assistance in exchange for cold beer? :D

Don't post your #, I've got it already, Busy schedules pending of course....
I'm always up for a cold beer, but I haven't done enough with my QH to feel comfortable enough to suggest any changes to anybody's stuff.

95_XR7
07-08-2011, 01:59 PM
I'm always up for a cold beer, but I haven't done enough with my QH to feel comfortable enough to suggest any changes to anybody's stuff.

I just registered everything and was going over the tune file on my computer and wow....I feel a little overwhelmed now. Hopefully DD's base tune is pretty close on the AFR's.

-Corey

scskydivin
07-09-2011, 01:27 AM

I can understand that. I'll e-mail Dalke & see what a mail order tune consists of. We'll hafta get that cold beer drinking project going. Maybe in the next couple/three weekends. I've been slacking as of late...

scskydivin
07-09-2011, 01:29 AM
I just registered everything and was going over the tune file on my computer and wow....I feel a little overwhelmed now. Hopefully DD's base tune is pretty close on the AFR's.

-Corey

Hey Corey,

I was wondering, How did you get your garage link to say "my garage"?
I'm slightly computer illiterate.

95_XR7
07-09-2011, 02:03 AM
Hey Corey,

I was wondering, How did you get your garage link to say "my garage"?
I'm slightly computer illiterate.

Yours would be....
[00URL="http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_vehicle.php?do=view_vehicle&id=107"]My Garage[/URL00]

Without the double 00's at either end. You can paste this in your signature under User CP.

How to actually do it....
What you want to do is post a reply, click on the little globe that says "Insert Link"
You'll paste the URL to your garage. Click ok. NOW, you'll see that there is TWO URL's. The second one is the name of the link itself. So for example, mine is 'My Garage'

I could change it to Corey's Garage or whatever else I wanted it to say.

Hope that made sense.

-Corey

David Neibert
07-09-2011, 09:16 AM
I can understand that. I'll e-mail Dalke & see what a mail order tune consists of. We'll hafta get that cold beer drinking project going. Maybe in the next couple/three weekends. I've been slacking as of late...

Let me know when this cold beer drinking project starts, that's one thing I'm real good at helping with :D

David