Cobra brake pad reccomendations & clutch fluid

XxSlowpokexX

Hey all

My car started getting the dreaded cobra pad rattle...Im thinking pads are worn clip fell out yada yada. I want basically a low dust pad that will not wear out my rotors to the max. Something good for streey driving.

Also I used the moto blu fluid for my clutch master however it seems when in traffic after awhile I hav eissues with pedal. No leaks everything is new

BAd choice in fluid? should I go back to dot 3?

Thanks all

Can't go wrong with EBC yellow stuff pads IMO, love them on my car. I've heard Hawks are prone to fading real bad and being dusty.

What about fluid for clutch? Has anyone used motoblu? Maybe I just need to wrap my lines ot reduce heat?

Ideas?

What about fluid for clutch? Has anyone used motoblu? Maybe I just need to wrap my lines ot reduce heat?

Ideas?

The line normally has a heat shield wrap. Is yours still in tact? Rico melted a line due to headers and insufficient wrap. With headers I'm thinking that additional wrapping is probably a good idea. No recommendations on fluid though.

The line normally has a heat shield wrap. Is yours still in tact? Rico melted a line due to headers and insufficient wrap. With headers I'm thinking that additional wrapping is probably a good idea. No recommendations on fluid though.

I unwrapped it to show the burst in the picture. It was wrapped in brand new stuff, Since it was new line from centric. The original also failed and was wrapped. YOu need a perfect storm for it to happen. A very hot day and allowing the car to sit at idle with the AC on for extended periods. I dont think fluid will change much.

I've heard Hawks are prone to fading real bad and being dusty.

Hawks have worked great for me, but they make a ton of dust. The HP+ pad is the best performing pad I've ever run, but it's aggressive as hell. Noise comes and goes in streaks, but the dust is forever.

Im not racing the car and it sstops pretty good so I really want to try a low dust pad. Heat sheild is in place...Maybe I need to try bleeding the line some more...And perhaps wrap it better as well.

I cant see the fluid being an issue but who knows

Once DOT4 fluid begins to absorb water (and it will, as will DOT3), the boiling point will begin to lower more quickly than DOT3. It needs to be changed more often than DOT3, that's all.

The KVR Carbon Fiber/Kevlar pads are terrific. Low/no dust, bite now, no noise. I run them all around.

http://www.kvrperformance.com/

Do you actually drive your SC?:D:p Cause I know after less than a week of driving I've got a 4 wheels covered in brake dust from the KVR's. I can't complain though because they stop the car like now and even after many repeated stops, and near stops, from 140+ they have never made a sound and they aren't that hard on the Advance Auto Parts rotors that I clamp them down on.

But yeah, um, they do put out some dust and if you drive in a lively manner and you will probably need to clean your wheels ever week if not every few days to keep them looking good.

Once DOT4 fluid begins to absorb water (and it will, as will DOT3), the boiling point will begin to lower more quickly than DOT3. It needs to be changed more often than DOT3, that's all.

I just did it so probably not an issue. Maybe air is still in thier

I just did it so probably not an issue. Maybe air is still in thier

Not very likely considering that the system is self bleeding, but I suppose it's possible. I'd double shield the line.

I used to think that you couldn't vapor lock a fuel injected motor until it happened to me. You'd be surprised what happens under the hood of a modified SC.

Not very likely considering that the system is self bleeding, but I suppose it's possible. I'd double shield the line.

I used to think that you couldn't vapor lock a fuel injected motor until it happened to me. You'd be surprised what happens under the hood of a modified SC.

Nothing suprises me anymore!

Back