RADIO SWAP - can this be done?

edspringer

When I bought my 94 SC the previous owner had a Sony CD/FM radio installed. I got the original 94 SC JBL radio with the car. I put the 94 radio into my 90 Super Cougar with the Ford Premium sound system and I get no sound when I power up the radio. All of the connectors are the same except for a separate, possibly, programming plug in the 94 radio. I tried the radio in the Cougar with and without the extra plug and still no sound. I reinstalled the regular Cougar radio and the sound is OK. Any suggestions on how to get the 94 SC radio to work in the 90 Cougar?

Ed Springer

edspringer1@aol.com

90 Super Cougar
94 SC

If you look at the power plug, you will notice that on one end is the power wires (green/violet and yellow/black) and the other end is the power antenna and amp remote (I think blue and orange/blue). Just remove these pins and switch the pin location of the blue and orange/blue, then reinsert the pins. That's it.

YOU DA MAN!

XR7 Dave.........Thanks for the help! Hope to return the favor someday. Actually I just moved the blue wire that was on the end in one slot. I don't have a power antenna on my 90 Super Cougar.

Ed Springer

90 Black Super Cougar 5-speed now with 94 SC radio
94 Red SC Auto

Dave, May I jump in here for a sec. Thanks for the input for Ed. I could not remember which of those pins you switched. If you can, tell me when did this changeover of the voltages start? I was thinking 93 but just can't remember and I even had a stereo guy show me. Thanks.

Back