Cam and throttle body question.

cage free

Hi.
I am rebuilding the engine and trans in my 94 SC.
The question about the throttle body is. I notice when you hold it to WOT wide open throttle the blade is not at WOT. It looks like I could grind the throttle stop or the aluminum body on the throttle body. Has anyone messed with the stock one. Is there a reason it is not able to be all the way open?

Next question.
I notice that a new stock cam for the SC is 193@.050 Int and
198@ .050 exh. and both have I beleive 448 lift. 113.5 lobe seperation. Is that correct?

I can get a regrind that is 204@ .050 Int and 214@ .050 on the exhaust both at .480 lift. same lobe seperation.

Will the regrind be ok with the stock computer and injectors? According to Supe cupe perf. they have a compcam with a little more exh duration that says it will work with stock stuff.
Has anyone run one or the regrind and know if it will work good?

Thanks.

Any one ever look at the throttle body at WOT? Mayby someone could go look at there stock SC and let me know if it is getting 90 degrees or open all the way. Thanks.

I am about 90% sure that the throttle plate should stop a few degrees away from straight. I think it gives a slight benefit in terms of the quality of airflow - keeping it laminar instead of turbulent - and getting slightly more flow through there. But I can't find any definitive references on it.

I think the cam would work okay, but would probably be better with a tune. There are a number of people on this board who can set you up for tuning. And a few people who can spec you a custom cam that will probably work better for a reasonable price. Try XR7 Dave for one.

Back