Hard to shift at high RPM

Hasher76

my 5spd feels like it hits a wall in front of the gear I want to go in when the engine is in the 4-5k range, trying to shift gears fast. It goes in and out of all the gears perfectly fine during normal driving, no grinding, clutch isn't dragging and is disengaging fully from what I can tell. I can sit at a light with the pedal in and not have any issues with it, but when I come screaming around a corner or off a light, the trans wont let me push it in the next gear until my RPM drops to around 3k range.

my 5spd feels like it hits a wall in front of the gear I want to go in when the engine is in the 4-5k range, trying to shift gears fast. It goes in and out of all the gears perfectly fine during normal driving, no grinding, clutch isn't dragging and is disengaging fully from what I can tell. I can sit at a light with the pedal in and not have any issues with it, but when I come screaming around a corner or off a light, the trans wont let me push it in the next gear until my RPM drops to around 3k range.

Sounds like the syncros are starting to wear out to me.

Yeah, it sounds like your synchros are shot.

Back