PDA

View Full Version : My latest project in the blue SC

TSC89
07-08-2011, 04:32 PM
Well, there are a few of you who knew what I was attempting to do in the interior of the blue 90 5-speed I have. As of last night I was at least able to get it started and start checking things out in the dash. I was able to find and correct most of the few problems I had. I only have a couple left to look into now. So anyways, here are some pic's of my Mark VIII dash conversion in a 1990 SC 5-speed.

TSC89
07-08-2011, 04:34 PM
More pics. Not quite done yet but getting closer.

Nettlesd
07-08-2011, 09:03 PM
Sweet!!!!!

BLOWN38
07-08-2011, 09:13 PM
Nice, but gonna be kinda hard to reach that radio.;)

Kurt K
07-08-2011, 10:42 PM
Obviously, you've got too much free time :D:D

Looking good.

ricardoa1
07-08-2011, 11:45 PM
Cool project, should have left the radio in the gauge area though and got a pillar.

TSC89
07-11-2011, 10:07 AM
I prefer the look of the gauges in the center of the dash.
The radio location is temporary for now.

Thunder95
07-11-2011, 10:47 AM
:eek:

Are you using mark door panels?

TSC89
07-11-2011, 02:58 PM

Are you using mark door panels?

I am either going to try and modify a pair of Mark VIII panels to work or have the upholstery shop that I am now using is going to modify the black gen 1 door panels I picked up at the yard.

Thunder95
07-11-2011, 03:09 PM
:eek: Very sweet Jim! Can't wait to see the finished project!

Silenced
07-20-2011, 12:36 AM
Loving all of the custom work. This is definately one of the neatest SCs around.

TSC89
07-29-2011, 10:32 AM
Removed the steering column last night to build the mouting adapter plate.;)

Still tracing down issues with the fuel gauge, head light switch, Autometer electric oil pressure gauge, head light hi beam and a couple of the warning lights.:confused:

Some progress is better than no progress.:p

Nettlesd
07-29-2011, 04:21 PM
Still tracing down issues with the fuel gauge, head light switch, Autometer electric oil pressure gauge, head light hi beam and a couple of the warning lights.:confused:

You don't need any of that stuff. Give you $10 for that very old outdated CD player. :D

Jeff Bratton
08-02-2011, 08:40 PM
Ha.... freckin' just found this!! Very Cool.

I have been doing something similar to my friends 96 Cougar.:cool:

Just put the 93 MK8 dash in his Cougar this weekend... Jim, I contacted Thomas A. last night and got the schematic's on the MK8 instument cluster, The message center and the warning lights in center of dash, BUT in need of the wiring schematic's for the 96 Thunderbird/Cougar's instrument cluster to do the re-pin.

Cougar starts and runs, but since I don't have the cluster re-pinned the car is only running on the battery until I find what wire on the MK8 is the "battery/Charge"wire and I need to know the same on the Cougar. I re-used the Cougars wiring harness, and like you re-used his heater controls.

If you know someone with the 96 wiring schematic's for the (2) connectors to which is plugged into the back of the cluster, I NEED IT please!

Silenced
08-03-2011, 09:52 AM
You don't need any of that stuff. Give you $10 for that very old outdated CD player. :D

Jeez, Jim... This guy is just as bad as SWS is on my Eclipse thread.

ganuolfthegrey
08-03-2011, 08:54 PM
both car's are very nice. know if someone will take me for a ride.
hint hint.:D

seawalkersee
08-12-2011, 02:50 AM
Jeez, Jim... This guy is just as bad as SWS is on my Eclipse thread.

Uhhh....YAWN....snort. Did someone mention my name? I will start a thread with what I have been up to. Its been good times.

SWS

Jeff Bratton
08-16-2011, 09:29 PM
Hey Jim...

ANY NEW progress on this??

TSC89
09-14-2011, 02:34 PM
Finally had a chance to get back in the garage and start working on some of the problems.

Tach fixed and working.
Auto Meter Electric Oil Pressure Gauge fixed and working.
Auto Meter Vac/Boost Gauge Working

Still have to fix:

Fuel gauge not working
Anti Lock and Brake warning lights not working
Firm Ride Light not working
Headlight/Dimmer/Day-Night Wiring needs to be redone
High Beams not working but Flash to Pass does
Fabricate steering column adapter plate
Install steering column
Install dash trim
New Windsheild Installed

DrFishbone
09-14-2011, 03:18 PM
Sounds like a fun project! Lookin' good. :cool:

Jeff - I've been wondering what you've been up to...looks like you're at least doing MN12 work. :D

Jeff Bratton
09-14-2011, 07:46 PM
Jim - I Finished up my buddys 96 Cougars MK8 dash wiring of the Cluster this past weekend. Got ALL Instrument Cluster gauges to work., even placed some warm white LED's in behind the cluster. We re-used his 96 Harness. I had the 96 EVTM for the T-bird/Cougar and a 95 MK8 EVTM.... had no problems when I finally got the books to complete the task. Got to do the Warning lights yet there in the center. Got the headlight area to light up, wired the bulb pigtail from the MK8 harness into the Dimmer switch. Got all the center console lighting, (Defrost/Trac. Control buttons) to light up, as well as the shifter lights and got the OD button re-wired.

I found a 95 Black MK8 dash for myself, it's in my garage... need to cut up a 94-7 to get the mounts yet. I did already pick up a E-brake pedal only, still need to get the cable for it. I'm going to use the MK8 center console as well on mine. Found a MK7 antenna switch which lights up on each fuction (up/down) and I took out the Trac. Control Button and going to place my Antenna switch in there.

Here's some recent shots of my friends 96 Cougar.... I even rolled up the odometer for him to what he actually had orginally.

Jeff Bratton
09-14-2011, 07:51 PM
one more since I can only get 5 pictues at a time.... :cool:

Jeff Bratton
09-14-2011, 08:03 PM
Hey Matt .... yeah, I have been working on some projects this year for my buddy Greg, and really have not done a whole lot to mine. I did however make a trip for myself to pull-a-part in Indy. and I lucked out in finding a Black 95 MK8 dash for myself. This will be my Winter project for this year. Started on a few small little things in reguards to the dash but thats about all.

My frontend alignment on my SC is giving me problems, I have not been driving it much, this issue has been eating my front tires up badly.:confused::mad:

See you both in a few weeks!

Jim... keep plugging away at it buddy, I know its a challenge but its well worth the swap.... my buddy says since the swap, he has been asked by all kinds of people how WAY COOL that looks in the Cougar like it was factory.

Jeff Bratton
09-14-2011, 08:06 PM
Here are some small things that I have done to my MK8 dash...

Jeff Bratton
09-14-2011, 08:09 PM
forgot pic's... lol

Jeff Bratton
09-14-2011, 08:24 PM
a couple more...

David Neibert
09-14-2011, 09:08 PM
You guys are hard core ! Pulling the instrument cluster is about as far as I'm comfortable going. Looks great.

David

Nettlesd
09-15-2011, 02:02 PM
Still have to fix:

Duane's car so he can get it inspected next month.

Do work son. :D

Nettlesd
09-15-2011, 02:03 PM
Here's some recent shots of my friends 96 Cougar.... I even rolled up the odometer for him to what he actually had orginally.

That looks awesome, Jeff. Nice work.

rzimmerl
09-15-2011, 02:12 PM
Thats some serious work there, and the end product looks great.

DrFishbone
09-15-2011, 07:29 PM
Dang Jeff...that IS a project. I'm not crazy about the markVIII dashes, but I gotta say the black one looks pretty sweet. :cool:

I swapped a 93 dash into my 89 when I changed the interior color...and I thought that was a pain! When you go to put the dash in, pull spare wiring from the engine bay or where ever else you think is useful while the dash is out. Getting wires in/out of the engine bay is a pain with the dash in. :o Don't forget the heater core too.

TSC89
09-18-2011, 06:42 PM
Well, I was able to make some progress this afternoon.

Fuel Gauge now works, was missing a ground for the slosh circuit.

Headlight/Dimmer/Day-Night Control & High Beams now working. Installed old connectors and switches. I'll fabricate a new mount later.

Now I need to get started on the warning light panel.

Jeff Bratton
09-18-2011, 08:47 PM
Good job Jim!

I went to Pull-a-part today with my sawzall, and made quick work at cutting the section of upper dash mounts. I actually cut the whole shelf out, the ends were tricky since I somewhat had a short blade. But got her out. Was the same MK8 that I took out the dash from a few weeks back. Now on to trim all the extra rough cuts off and true up the bent areas. Jim did you have ANY troubles with alignment issues when you installed the dash to the upper mounts?

DrFishbone
09-18-2011, 09:05 PM
Good job Jim!

I went to Pull-a-part today with my sawzall, and made quick work at cutting the section of upper dash mounts. I actually cut the whole shelf out, the ends were tricky since I somewhat had a short blade. But got her out. Was the same MK8 that I took out the dash from a few weeks back. Now on to trim all the extra rough cuts off and true up the bent areas. Jim did you have ANY troubles with alignment issues when you installed the dash to the upper mounts?

Was this the Indy Pull-a-part? Is it a decent yard?

I went to a Pull-a-part in Louisiana...it was a waste of time. They didn't have anything worthwhile and the all cars that were there were pieces of junk. :rolleyes:

Is your car all ready for the Shootout Jeff?

DrFishbone
09-18-2011, 09:08 PM
Well, I was able to make some progress this afternoon.

Fuel Gauge now works, was missing a ground for the slosh circuit.

Headlight/Dimmer/Day-Night Control & High Beams now working. Installed old connectors and switches. I'll fabricate a new mount later.

Now I need to get started on the warning light panel.

You guys are doing some admirable work. :cool:

Jim - are you planning on many customizations to the dash itself? The MarkVIII dash looks more crazy-idea-friendly than the TBird dashes.

TSC89
09-18-2011, 10:05 PM
Good job Jim!
Now on to trim all the extra rough cuts off and true up the bent areas. Jim did you have ANY troubles with alignment issues when you installed the dash to the upper mounts?

I used Rod's (racecougar) write up when I did mine. See post #8 in this thread:

http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=90299&highlight=dash+swap

Follow the link he has there. Very informative. Read the whole thing and look at the pics. You will have to ugrade your steering column too unless you make an adapter like I am. Jeff, I can send you my pics and references if you want. PM me your e-mail if you do.

Jeff Bratton
09-18-2011, 10:05 PM
Was this the Indy Pull-a-part? Is it a decent yard?

Is your car all ready for the Shootout Jeff?

Yeah, Indy. it's about 900 cars less than Louisville's PAP I was told by Scott the owner of Indy's PAP. He know's Chris down here at Louisville's PAP, really well he said. Overall I like Indy's yard, yes!

My car is for the most part, is done... but haven't had a chance to have my new 97 bird PAP blue-ish Green hood painted though, so I will be sporting that one. ha!

TSC89
09-18-2011, 10:19 PM
You guys are doing some admirable work. :cool:

Jim - are you planning on many customizations to the dash itself? The MarkVIII dash looks more crazy-idea-friendly than the TBird dashes.

Yes, if you look at the pics. I moved the radio to where the passenger airbag used to be. I also removed the factory antenna, patched and welded the hole shut. I then installed a hidden antenna. I fabricated my own plate to mount the radio to and match the dash trim contours. People asked me why over there, you can't reach it. I can so it works for me so.

I made a gauge plate similar to ones in the Marauder's for my aftermarket gauges.

I modified the 1990 a/c & heating control assembly to fit in the mount where it is so I could use the exisitng hot/cold cable instead of the electronic one.

I also fabricated a plate and put it inside the glove box for the trunk and fuel door release since there is no place for it in the Mark VIII dash. It is in the door panel on them.

I am making an adapter plate that will fit the original column to the newer dash. The original column mount is narrower than the new dash.

The console will be made up by the local upholstery/custom interior shop I am using now. They are also modifying a set of door panels for me.

DrFishbone
03-02-2012, 01:06 PM
Well guys, looks like I'll be giving this a try too!

Jeff...you got Danielle to wanting this dash in her SC, so I went a grabbed most of a black interior from a 93 Mark VIII at p-a-p yesterday..even grabbed the seats! On your swap(s), did you get the Mark VIII VMM displays working, or just the instrument cluster and lights? I don't know what the bi screen is supposed to display, but if there is some functionality that can be retained, I may go for it. Also, do the 94-97 T-Bird door panels leave a gap between them and the dash? I bought Mark VIII door panels, but it looks like they will be a challenge to implement. I'm still missing a few parts, but I might try to get started on in the the next few weeks. We'll have to have you over for dinner in my garage one evening. :D

Jeff Bratton
03-02-2012, 08:14 PM
Danielle's 92 ?? Yeah, if so, you'll need to cut the entire top section of dash mounting points from a 94-97 T-bird or Cougar, or from a 93-98 Mark VIII to make it happen.

Seats... the front and backs are a direct swap. the door panels will require a bunch of modification. The 94-97 T-bird/Cougar door have clearence on the upper section and will rub some on the lower section as the door panel makes it's bend. Door will shut with no problems and do not make any marks.

The Mark VIII's message center, I do not have hooked up on my friends Cougar, it shows things like low washer, low fuel, door Ajar, CLOCK, and fuel mileage. I do believe that since the 89-93 T-Birds have the low fuel, low washer, things of that nature that I can get those functions to mark on the Mark VIII's message center.

The Instrument Cluster requires repinning and the transfering some of the idiot lights to the Mark VIII's warning light panel. These are no problem.

89-93 T-Birds well require sigificant amount of rewiring of the headlights and dimmer switch, The Mark VIII's headlight and dimmer are on (2) different circuits, they are like the 94-97 T-Birds/Cougars.

The 89-93 Steering Column will not bolt up without fabbing up a adaptor plate, column is narrower then the latermodel ones.

But it's all do-able, but very time comsuming Matt.

And I have ALL the schematic's needed, so I can and will help you out, if needed bud.

ganuolfthegrey
03-04-2012, 12:23 PM
if you want a mark8 dash just buy a mark8. they are better than the tbirds anyway. if your car get's hit you have lost all that hard work. jims looks real nice but it's to mutch damn work.

Silenced
03-04-2012, 02:33 PM
if you want a mark8 dash just buy a mark8. they are better than the tbirds anyway. if your car get's hit you have lost all that hard work. jims looks real nice but it's to mutch damn work.

Would if I could find one.

Jeff Bratton
03-04-2012, 04:15 PM
Its ALL about being different IMO. With me, this is my 2nd Mk8 dash swap.
,one in a friends 96 Cougar and the other in my 89 SC and I'd do it again.

DrFishbone
03-05-2012, 01:03 PM
The Mark VIII's message center, I do not have hooked up on my friends Cougar, it shows things like low washer, low fuel, door Ajar, CLOCK, and fuel mileage. I do believe that since the 89-93 T-Birds have the low fuel, low washer, things of that nature that I can get those functions to mark on the Mark VIII's message center.

I may try to get these things to work after looking over the schematics. Maybe even the fuel mileage... :cool: We'll see. I hate the idea of cutting up the 93's wiring harness for this swap, but Danielle is sure that she wants the Mark VIII dash. Actually...I might even have a spare 93 harness...if I didn't hack it to pieces for my "spare wires" box. :o

And I have ALL the schematic's needed, so I can and will help you out, if needed bud.

Do you have an electronic copy of these? If not, there's an excuse to do something fun with the TBirds sometime soon. :)

DrFishbone
03-05-2012, 01:04 PM

Why buy a Mark VIII, when I already have a Mark VIII dash? :confused: :p ;)

DrFishbone
03-05-2012, 01:13 PM
Did you guys think about trying to use the SC instrument cluster with the Mark VIII dash? I know it won't fit as-is...but it would be nice. Save alot of re-wiring / etc. I'm concerned with the Mark VIII gauges reading correctly - specifically the tach and speedo.

Also, any thoughts on retaining the hand parking brake lever? I'd like to keep it, but Danielle wants a cup holder....maybe it's fiberglass custom tyme! :cool:

Jeff Bratton
03-05-2012, 07:59 PM
Matt,

Very little hacking is involved on your dash harness, I myself added length to a few sections, as well as shorthen some too. I even did not reuse a couple connectors. Rewiring the dimmer and headlight will be the biggest headache. I'm STILL working on this.

I do not have electronic copies, but I certainly can make you copies, NO problem there. I was using my 89 EVTM but I think your in luck cause I happen to have a 93 ETVM and have a 95 Mark 8 EVTM which will work for what your intending to use it for. Major changes were done in the Gen. 2 Mark 8.

I noticed the 94 Mark 8 you took the dash from... and noticed you did not take the center console. You will need this. The earlier/nor later model T-Bird console will not come close to work for you.

On the E-brake, I went to the foot E-brake. That bracket has the right stud location for a mounting point for the dash. You well need of course the entire cable for this swap too. The connection point to were it is mounted to the E-brake is different on the console E-brake.

All the gauges, Tach, Speedo, Temp. ALL work correctly on my friends 96 Cougar when I finished repinning the Cluster. The Fuel gauge, the way I pinned it worked, but bounced! The reasoning for this is cause The ANTI-SLOSH circuit in the T-Bird/Cougars are on the Cluster. The Mark 8's is located in the Message Center. I learned this by talking with Jim S. and reading up on it in the Mark 8 ETVM. The bouncing is not bad occording to my buddy when vehicle is FULL to a half a tank. In otherwords.... it's more pronouned the emptier the tank is. But miniable.

Matt, what is your schedule look like this Saturday?? I can bring those EVTM's to you... we can make copies of everything III think you will need and we can discuss this in more detail. PM me what you want to do.

DrFishbone
03-06-2012, 09:08 AM
I do not have electronic copies, but I certainly can make you copies, NO problem there. I was using my 89 EVTM but I think your in luck cause I happen to have a 93 ETVM and have a 95 Mark 8 EVTM which will work for what your intending to use it for.

I've got a 93 and 89 EVTM, so I just need the MArk VIII. :)

I noticed the 94 Mark 8 you took the dash from... and noticed you did not take the center console. You will need this. The earlier/nor later model T-Bird console will not come close to work for you.

I did realize this, but both of the black consoles were trashed before I got to them, so I didn't grab either. :( Especially since I'm thinking of retaining the hand brake.

Matt, what is your schedule look like this Saturday?? I can bring those EVTM's to you... we can make copies of everything III think you will need and we can discuss this in more detail. PM me what you want to do.
Sendin' ya PM - thanks Jeff!

TSC89
03-06-2012, 12:01 PM
Like Jeff said all my gauges work just fine. The fuel gauge does move around a little without the slosh circuit but I don't really notice it.

Once the new windsheild is put in I will be working with a local upholstery shop to create a new console so I can keep the emergency brake handle where it is.

DrFishbone
03-06-2012, 01:57 PM
Once the new windsheild is put in I will be working with a local upholstery shop to create a new console so I can keep the emergency brake handle where it is.

Definitely post some pictures when that console is done. :)

TSC89
03-22-2012, 11:57 PM
While trying to get a mobile glass service to come put in the new windsheild I decided to start getting rid of the peeling clear coat. I started with the drivers side quarter panel. The clear coat came right off but I did find some rust under the body seam sealer at the bottom corner of the rear window on the drivers side.

DrFishbone
03-23-2012, 11:19 AM
While trying to get a mobile glass service to come put in the new windsheild I decided to start getting rid of the peeling clear coat. I started with the drivers side quarter panel. The clear coat came right off but I did find some rust under the body seam sealer at the bottom corner of the rear window on the drivers side.

Yuck. :(

Alot of times that sealer gets cracked and sudden becomes a good place for water to accumulate - in other words, the sealer becomes "ruster".

DrFishbone
03-23-2012, 11:22 AM
For what it's worth, I've started a thread in the members only section that I plan to put marked-up Mark VIII schematics and connector pin-outs to help anyone wanting a Mark VIII dash in an early SC (89-93). Looks like a 94/95 is a good bit easier! So far, I've got un-proven connector markups for the light switch, day/night sensor, and dimmer/auotlamp wheel.

http://sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124563

TSC89
05-12-2012, 12:03 AM
A little more progress tonight.

Jeff Bratton
05-13-2012, 11:06 AM
VERY NICE there Jim!! Are you doing this yourself??

On another note .... How's the Mark VIII dash swap coming along? Thanks to Matt just the other day, he helped me finish my wiring progress on the wipers, (see the other post over on SCCoA, in the electrical section). Now if I can just get some All-season tires I'd feel better about driving in the rain!!:eek:

TSC89
05-13-2012, 06:02 PM
VERY NICE there Jim!! Are you doing this yourself??

On another note .... How's the Mark VIII dash swap coming along? Thanks to Matt just the other day, he helped me finish my wiring progress on the wipers, (see the other post over on SCCoA, in the electrical section). Now if I can just get some All-season tires I'd feel better about driving in the rain!!:eek:

Yeah, I am doing it. I am sanding off all the trashed clear coat & color off one panel at a time and then applying gray high fill primer.

The Mark VIII dash project is coming along. I decided not to go with the custom console so I picked up a Mark VIII console and a foot emergency brake. I modified a tachometer like Matt did. I just have to adjust it and install it. I am following your posts to see how the speedometer experiment works.

I have been following Matt and your work in that post, impressive work.

ganuolfthegrey
05-13-2012, 10:11 PM
not bad young jedi.

DrFishbone
05-14-2012, 10:11 AM
not bad young jedi.

Whadda mean "not bad"? Jim haz mad skillz yo!!!

:D

TSC89
05-17-2012, 10:07 PM
A little more progress tonight. I was able to remove the dead pedal and install the foot emergency brake assembly and route the cable for it to the rear end. Then I removed the hand emergency brake and started removing the cable that went to it. I also test fit the Mark VIII console and trimmed it for the shifter.

TSC89
05-30-2012, 10:57 PM
Well thanks to some great help from Matt (DrFishbone) over the past couple of days I was able to get the light switch wiring done.
Now on to getting the trunk release and fuel door switches relocated and mounted as well as starting some other changes.

DrFishbone
05-31-2012, 08:31 AM
What are those "other changes", Jim?

TSC89
05-31-2012, 10:40 AM
Oh just a few idea's I have been kicking around. I'll post up some pic's if they work out.

Jeff Bratton
05-31-2012, 07:52 PM
hummmm, inquiring minds what to know???? hehehe!:D

Look forward in seeing what-ever they are!!

Jeff Bratton
05-31-2012, 07:55 PM
Well... don't be to long in letting us know!!! hehehe! :D

What-ever these "changes" are, I'm looking foward to seeing them.

TSC89
02-12-2013, 06:46 PM
Took the Ford emblem off the trunk lid, welded the holes shut, removed the paint and started the body work.

TSC89
05-17-2013, 10:06 PM
Block sanded the high fill primer on Thursday and then sprayed black primer.
Drivers side quarter panel is next.

TSC89
06-24-2013, 06:28 PM
The trunk lid is back on and I finished the work on the drivers side quarter panel today. The passenger side quarter panel is up next.

Jeff Bratton
06-25-2013, 02:25 AM
Very nice work there Jim! You bringing that one too this years shootout??

TSC89
12-03-2013, 06:28 PM
When you have a nice warm December day you take advantage of it. I was able to get the passenger side quarter panel stripped and get it coated in high build epoxy primer.

Thomas A
01-15-2014, 11:10 PM
Looks good Jim! I bet it's nice starting on a rust free car like that. :cool:

If anyone else wants to go crazy and install a Mark VIII dash, I have several sitting in storage to choose from ;)

Thomas

Plat0ribs
01-16-2014, 12:28 PM
Took the Ford emblem off the trunk lid, welded the holes shut, removed the paint and started the body work.

Hail damage repaired too!

Nice work!

TSC89
01-16-2014, 01:55 PM
Hail damage repaired too!

Nice work!

Thanks.

Actually this was a dent free trunk lid I picked up. What looks like hail dents are actually where I was still sanding through the 3 paint jobs and original primer that were on it. :)

Thunder95
02-13-2014, 02:16 PM
Glad to see it's still moving forward. Have you made any more progress on the interior?

BLOWN38
02-13-2014, 04:15 PM
Looks good Jim. I gotta do my red car sometime.

Nettlesd
02-14-2014, 11:14 AM
Can't wait to see this car at the 2025 SC Shootout.

Plat0ribs
02-14-2014, 03:40 PM

Burn!

or misprint?

Lol

TSC89
02-15-2014, 01:20 AM
Progress.

On the interior, a trip to the yards earlier this week gained me a complete console assembly and information center display from a 1994 Mark VIII as well as several parts for my Dakota. I took the Mark VIII information display apart and removed the electronics. I then installed a small LCD display in it for selectable video inputs including a back up camera, forward facing camera and others. I also have a set of the polished door sill's coming for it.

On the rear brakes, I have a new set of 1997 rear calipers that are ready to be painted and installed with the caliper relocation kit and new rotors.

On the body, as soon as the weather warms up I have all the sand paper and primer I need to continue the removal of the clear coat/old layers of paint as well as getting more areas primered.

2025 Shootout, maybe, and Duane's car will still be on the trailer.

Melon
02-15-2014, 11:04 PM

Saw that one coming :D

Thomas A
02-23-2014, 01:32 AM
Anyone still keep in contact with Chris? Been a while since I've seen him.

Nice find Jim! I was out on the Missouri side last weekend and they have nothing in the ways of Mark VIII's other than a completely spent gen 2. I haven't made it up to the place in Liberty in a long time, but they used to have a nice selection of fairly clean cars.

Thomas

TSC89
02-23-2014, 07:18 PM
All of my latest finds have been at the Liberty Yard. They have a separate lot as big as the yard with new fresh inventory they will be setting out shortly.

TSC89
07-29-2014, 03:32 PM
More progress today. I sanded the epoxy primer and sprayed the black primer on the passenger quarter panel.
Once it was dry I reinstalled the rear bumper cover and passenger tail light. Next up, sanding the top.

35thpartdeux
07-29-2014, 05:53 PM
Starting to look good. I need to sand/paint my roof this year too.

Nettlesd
07-30-2014, 01:49 PM
You should drive it to the Shootout as it is. No one will even know it's you.

Progress.

Ha, fooled ya.

TSC89
08-05-2014, 11:31 PM
Ha, fooled ya.

It won't know what to do to sitting on the garage floor.

kenewagner
08-06-2014, 08:30 AM

I didthe same thing years ago. Found an SC emblem and had it done in black chrome. Installed in in the same location. Most people I talk to now feel I no longer have an SC Thunderbird and should remove the SC emblems from the car:rolleyes:

Ken

TSC89
09-18-2014, 01:48 PM
I know there is nothing special about raised tops but this one is to me.

Some custom machining & fabrication work by Ken Wagner and then some powder coating by Randy Hunerkoch and then a little finishing touch by me.

I've had this back from Randy for a while and just had some time to install it on the blue SC last week.

Nettlesd
11-07-2014, 01:11 PM

Update: Can't wait to see this car at the 2026 SC Shootout.

Thomas A
11-07-2014, 02:03 PM
Parked next to my white SC :D

Thomas

Kurt K
11-07-2014, 02:35 PM
Parked next to my white SC :D

Thomas
He said 2026, not 2036 :D