why would my weep hole be on top?

cpitt398

I noticed collant leaking out of my weep hole and looked in the haynes manual to see what the problem is. In the manual it says that the weep hole should be on the bottom of the power steering pump? So I'm confused.

I just put a new rad. in it aND was getting ready to sell it and now this.

Any info would be appreciated, Thanks

the weep hole on the power steering pump or water pump. i noticed that the weep hole on my water pump was on the top. not sure about the power steering pump.

water pump. The book and a couple of other posts that I searched for both stated the weep hole should be underneath to the point where you would have to get under the car to see it.

yeah i noticed that to when i was doing my research just before i changed my water pump. i just dismissed it because of having the water pump right in my hands and seeing the weep hole on the top. not sure if maybe they altered the design of the pump and put it on the top. who knows.

Yes, the weep hole is on the top of the water pump.

The waterpump is not that bad of a job, if you rent a PS pump pulley remover/installer.

Aaron

I really have no desire to put any more money into this car b/c I have purchased a new car and no longer drive the SC anyways. I just bought a rad (used, good price) and a MAF and sensor to fix the remaining problems before I sold it and now this.

I guess I will just have to sell it for less now.

Back