Changing out the fuel injectors on my 1989 SC - Help

nliberto@powder

SCCoA Member
I researched the forum and could not find the answers I need for my 80 pound fuel injector upgrade project. I hope that someone can help or point me to the right thread links or provide some answers.

The shop manual says you must remove the supercharger before accessing the fuel injectors and rail assembly. The removal of the supercharger looks straightforward, but I still have a few questions:

1. What gaskets am I going to need to reinstall the blower? I want to be sure I have everthing before I start the project.
2. I have been purchasing the gortex tape seals from Bill Evanhoff for the blower tubing. Are these reusable (more than one install) or do I have to buy more? They are pretty expensive ($30+ a set)! Any alternatives?
3. Do I have to drain the supercharger fluid before removing the blower? The shop manual does not say it is necessary and since I changed it last year, I would rather not have to do this again.

Any hints or pointers on changing the injectors and fuel pump will be gratiously accepted.:D

Thanks.

Last edited:
1. What gaskets am I going to need to reinstall the blower? I want to be sure I have everthing before I start the project.
2. I have been purchasing the gortex tape seals from Bill Evanhoff for the blower tubing. Are these reusable (more than one install) or do I have to buy more? They are pretty expensive ($30+ a set)! Any alternatives?
3. Do I have to drain the supercharger fluid before removing the blower? The shop manual does not say it is necessary and since I changed it last year, I would rather not have to do this again.

Any hints or pointers on changing the injectors and fuel pump will be gratiously accepted.:D

Thanks.

Question 1 can be answered from any shop manual but, I would get a set to teflon gaskets. Check around here or on eBay. I have a set and I like them.

Question 2 see Question 1.

Question 3 No don't drain the blower unless you want to refresh the fluid. Don't tip it upside down. Try to keep it right side up at all times.

The fuel pump is at the gas tank.

I don't know about 80lb injectors sorry.

Last edited:
Back