Some what high idle.

ShawnM93

Hey guys, I need a little bit of help with this problem.

I have a 1991, completely stock, and it idles high.

It sits at 1200 to 1300 rpms, but i am not sure if it is a vacuum leak.

When i turn the steering wheel, the idle drops down to about 1000, and then goes back to 1200ish.

Also, this may seem irrelevant but, the A/C needs to be recharged, and I read that this fixed somebody else's problem.

Thanks for the help guys,
Shawn

The Check Engine light is not on currently, however it has come on periodically, (this may be do to a bad O2 sensor that has not yet been replaced)

When I had the problem of rpm's dropping when the steering pump put a load on the engine it was the IAC.

Regards

Sean

IAC will do this and make a goose like honking noise (after shutting down) when it's on its way out. After a while the insides of the IAC become dried out. If you remove yours and look at it, it will likely be black and brittle as a dead skunks a$$. Don't trouch the insides of it just incase you need to reinstall it (for some reason) because the bellows will likely fall apart. Also, many people have had trouble getting an IAC that works right. I have a collection of them myself and not all of them work the same on the two cars I've used them on even after adjusting the TPS. Good luck.

Back