front license plate mounting

91BLOWNBIRD

any good ideas for mounting the front license plate on a 91 SC that does not drill directly into bumper cover?

It is $200 to bypass fix it tickets here and all my hook ups are indisposed at the moment.

I just cant stand drilling directly into bumper cover

I don't have my front plate either been lucky so far I guess I got a early bumper with the sc letters I don't want to drill it either.
we could try velcro lol

hmm...

You could always try double-sided tape used for mounting moldings and stuff. A strip across the top and bottom of the back side should do the trick, and you can get it at pretty much any auto parts store.

yeah it would just look tacky...thinking about folding the top of the plate to a 90* angle and mounting it under the bumper nose...maybe use tape for that

I made a bracket to bolt to the 2 holes that are facing down on the bumper cover. You can kinda see it in my sig picture. I'll try to get a better picture up for you later.

I test bent an old plate to attach to the holes in the bottom of the bumper as I am currently have the holes in the front filled in so the SC can be seen didn't look like it was going to hit.

Regards

Sean

The holes in the bottom of the bumper are narrower than the bolt holes in the tag.

What I did was get 2 "L" brackets space them out to the holes in the bumper then screw a flat piece of aluminum across the 2 L's to connect them. Then drill 2 holes out wider to attach the plate to the flat aluminum.

I want to redo it so the plate is up higher in front of the bumper so it doesn't block air going to the radiator.

I have a 94/95 Zenon lower air dam on my '94 but I wanted the smooth bumper look also when I removed the plate. I did something similar to what Chris did, I have 2 small supports holding the center of the air dam stiff so I bolted a piece of metal across the 2 then bent a couple of "L" brackets out of the same stock. 2 wing nuts on the bolts make for a quick removal.

Attachments

• kayden on motorcycle 011.JPG
    kayden on motorcycle 011.JPG
    202.2 KB · Views: 83
  • kayden on motorcycle 012.JPG
    kayden on motorcycle 012.JPG
    180 KB · Views: 76
thanks for the pics guys...I decided to mount it under the cover but off to the passenger side as to keep airflow to the DIC...when I get a FMIC it wont matter where the plate is

I can always take it off and hope I dont get another fix it...holes arent noticeable when under the cover

haha snaggletooth

Attachments

• license plate 1.jpg
    license plate 1.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 69
  • license plate 2.jpg
    license plate 2.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 67
  • license plate 3.jpg
    license plate 3.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 64
  • license plate 4.jpg