Quick question

1fstb1rd

:Hey everyone, I got a quick and probably simple answer to something, I have been looking all day for and cant find anything.

I have a 89 5spd and im at the point where I cannot do anymore modifications without a proper tune. I have heard of people using tweecer and QH but I really have no idea what is useable in our cars. What are the options are far as tuners go? The 89 is EECIV correct? I have been looking into it and im not too familiar with what I'm looking for. I would really like somthing with data logging features. also real time would be cool too for STFT and LTFT. Thanks in advance. I got a 3.5' intake, classic raised top, double IC with fan,10% OD crank pulley 94 blower,and a bunch of other goodies,3.27 rear c&l 79mm MAF but even with my calibrated MAF and the samplig tube for #30 injectors it runs like ****. Plus my speedo is way off due to the rear. that is a huge reason why i want a tuner. Thank you in advance for all your help!

Pay for the membership to this site and go up to the tune section. All of your questions will be answered.

QH is the route to go for what you are wanting to be done with the OBDI. We have a group buy going on right now for $265 shipped to your door and that includes the strategy file.

Pay the membership and enjoy the benefits!!!

I'll second the Quarterhorse is the way to go. It will not fix your speedo error, that is done by changing the speedo gear in the transmission tail shaft.

Thanks guys, funny and another stupid question. i cant find where to pay for a membership. when i first fouind this site i wanted to sign up asap but it was closed, and i cant find where to go. And also someone told me that the ecu would need to be reflashed for the speedo correction, and to tell you the truth i never looked into it. thats good then, ill order the gear asap.Thank for answering my dumbazz questions

Thanks guys, funny and another stupid question. i cant find where to pay for a membership. when i first fouind this site i wanted to sign up asap but it was closed, and i cant find where to go. And also someone told me that the ecu would need to be reflashed for the speedo correction, and to tell you the truth i never looked into it. thats good then, ill order the gear asap.Thank for answering my dumbazz questions

Any car that has an electronic transmission will not only need the gear replaced, but the tune adapted to the gear change as well, since its the computer that controls the shifting, and pressures etc in the tranny. The 94 and later tbirds got the electronic trans...

just an FYI.

Fraser

thanks for all your help guys, yeah its a 89 5spd so its not that comp controlled aod. my 91 had that in it guess it was swapped in. the wiring was a disaster in that car. I just gotta set up a paypal and get to it. thanks so much!

The AOD's in our cars where never controlled electronically. There where AODE's made but the SC's never got them. The 89-93 SC's got the AOD. The 94/95 SC's got the 4r70w that was electronically controlled.

Fraser

Back