Line lock hook up questions

Hock

I picked up a line lock solenoid today from a friend and now I'm trying to decide on how to hook it up, mainly on how I'm going to activate and deactivate it.

What I have planned so far is to run it through a 40amp relay and auto resetting fuse.

I was thinking of using the ARC switch (since I no longer have the ARC system) for the power switch. Now as far as the activation and deactivation goes I was thinking about running that through the clutch switch.

What do you guys think?

I don't think that would work well on the clutch switch. Its a decent idea for the launch off the line but not for doing a burnout. And you need it more doing a burnout.

I don't think that would work well on the clutch switch. Its a decent idea for the launch off the line but not for doing a burnout. And you need it more doing a burnout.

Thanks for the reminder, I forgot about that part.:p

Guess I'm gonna to think of something else.

Our cars will need 2 solenoids because of the way the system is setup. 1 at each front wheel.

Fraser

Our cars will need 2 solenoids because of the way the system is setup. 1 at each front wheel.

Fraser

I switched to conventional so I put it between the master and the t-fitting that connects the front brake lines but thanks for looking out!

Also Chris, Beaver Springs sucks at the staging lights. The track is slightly up hill so the manual cars need something to keep them from rolling backwards and red lighting.

Mine is a cruise control button, I forget which, havent used them in awhile lol. Bottom left button I think. I used a relay.

Mine is a cruise control button, I forget which, havent used them in awhile lol. Bottom left button I think. I used a relay.

I was thinking about using the cruise on button but I wasn't sure it would work with the clutch pushed in. I guess I'll do some testing tomorrow.

Well sitting here thinking about it, when I converted it over to a stick it had a dead plug in place on the clutch switch so I would think that it should still work with the clutch pushed in.

Time to look at the wiring diagrams. :D

Well I caved in and just went to Radio Shack for a momentary switch that I mounted on the side if the shifter. Wired that through the firm ride switch. Now I just got to bleed the brakes and go test it out.

Aright, I went to bleed the brakes last night and checked for leaks and the line lock was leaking around the fitting on the outlet. Well I figured out that the fitting was not correct and I went out this morning today and got the correct 1/8NPT fitting that it calls for and its still leaking out at the same spot. I got the fitting as tight as I feel comfortable putting it. Does it require thread sealant or should I just try to make it tighter?

what solenoid are you using and is it new or used? Over time the seals in the solenoid can lead to leaks. Some are rebuild-able, others are not.
NPT threads can require a sealing tape/paste be applied to seal.

If it is NPTF, then you shouldn't need any sealant.

If I recall, I used PTFE tape on the NPT threads on my line locs. I applied it very carefully so that no tape could get into the brake fluid.

what solenoid are you using and is it new or used? Over time the seals in the solenoid can lead to leaks. Some are rebuild-able, others are not.
NPT threads can require a sealing tape/paste be applied to seal.

If it is NPTF, then you shouldn't need any sealant.

If I recall, I used PTFE tape on the NPT threads on my line locs. I applied it very carefully so that no tape could get into the brake fluid.

I will give that a shot. Thanks.

Back