Top Collar Nut Removal -- SOLVED!

IkeyM

SCCoA Member
How do you get the inner collar off of a raised MP TOP after the nut has been removed?

Last edited:
How do you get the inner collar off of a raised MP TOP after the nut has been removed?

With another smaller spanner wrench. You can try wacking it on a vise with a chisel type object and a hammer. It is threaded on. Chances are it will break the ring before you get it off though. Do you need to put it back again? I took mine off to run a silicone hose coupler. I shattered it towards the end.

It helps to heat it up and I believe its left hand threaded, but don't quote me on that. Got mine off without damage.

I've used a spanner wrench,about 4in, from a lathe, and I've also used a set of 30" Chanel Locks.

Last edited:
Are both spanner nuts LH threads, at the hat and the intercooler? If I remove the
4 bolts at the hat and the 2 nuts at the intercooler, will the hat and top tube come off in one piece?

Are both spanner nuts LH threads, at the hat and the intercooler? If I remove the
4 bolts at the hat and the 2 nuts at the intercooler, will the hat and top tube come off in one piece?

That's the way I prefer to do it... also depending on if your car has been apart before or not there is a stud/bolt on the bottom side of the IC pipe near the connection to the Intercooler. Have found it best to remove the stud completely to make it easier to remove.

-Tim

Back