What Cam Specs are you running?

Do some searching around and you'll find some people who have posted their stats. The large majority of the folks on these forums will turn to XR7 Dave for guidance.

I run a billet Comp Cams .588/.600 lift 230/236 duration with 112 lobe seperation. I bought it from Dalke,

then mine is really small-comp cams 567/567 212/218 110ls, but I love the idle and with beehive springs it redlines between 5500-6000 not sure yet though

got it from Super Six

Your best bet is to contact XR7Dave and explain to him your intentions of the car. He'll recommend a good spec for you. Going by what folks here are posting up could end up resulting in a car that is totally useless.... not saying the specs they have are good or not, but its all part of the package. What works for their build may not be a good spec for yours.

I run 208-.577 lift intake, 216-.589 lift exhaust on a 112 LSA cam from Dave, and the car idles likes stock, starts tearing up the street around 1800 rpm and I have useful power all the way to 5800 or so with the MPX at 15% OD. My torque curve is pretty flat from 2800 to 5800.

Fraser

.610/.610, 224/228, can't remember ls. As mentioned by Fraser, best bet is to email Dave and let him find the right grind for your intents.

+1 for what was stated above. you don't want to rely on what other people have to determine what you need. between people with different goals, and changes in strategies to achieve those goals over time, your best bet is to talk to the expert for your particular needs.

218 in 224 ex lift is .555/.555 114 lobe sep

The road course is something that slow cars can do. I look up to that.

This cam operates at any RPM.

Cam specs are interesting to look at, but without knowledge of the rest of the combination and it's intended use they don't mean a lot.

If you want to generalize just to get an idea of what people are using and what is typical for an SC then the following could be considered a "more or less" guide.

Stock cams have about 190-200 dur. and about .440-.460" lift depending on year, etc.

Street cams usually have 210-230 duration and anywhere from .490-.580" lift for the most part. Obviously there are variations based on combo, etc.

Race cams will depend on what type of forced induction is being used, what rpm range is desired, and a host of other impacting details. They will usually have between 230-260 dur. and may have anywhere from .600-.700" lift.

Generally speaking of course.

Original post never actually says "looking for a cam" or anything just asks for some specs so I posted specs

I really enjoy taking my SC out 1 or 2 times a week and on vacations and my cam allows that very easily...I'm with Fraser...I can hit the drag someday and run 12s (hopefully :)) and hit the road coarse too if I desire

food for thought

oh yeah and I can get 20+mph too on 91 octane

The road course is something that slow cars can do. I look up to that.

This cam operates at any RPM.

There's some road courses around here where I can easily get over 130mph+..... then have to come back down to 70mph in a very short space to take a 270deg turn and come out of that corner full throttle to get the speed back up.... whats so slow about that :D.

I don't think I've seen anyone on here with their SC doing speeds like that in the 1/4 mile :p.

Fraser

There's some road courses around here where I can easily get over 130mph+..... then have to come back down to 70mph in a very short space to take a 270deg turn and come out of that corner full throttle to get the speed back up.... whats so slow about that :D.

I don't think I've seen anyone on here with their SC doing speeds like that in the 1/4 mile :p.

Fraser

A 270-degree turn? This wouldn't happen to be figure-8 racing, would it? ;)

also remember lift can depend on rocker ratio also..
Comp regrind 212/218 dur .520/.520" lift 114 LSA (.541 with 1.8's)

I had assumed there was a purpose for asking this question - ie. determining what to run based on what others are running which is why I offered more information. But I typically assume too much.

Back