Power Seatbelts

ScottSimonsen

My power seatbelts stoped working. The motor still runs but nothing happens. I took it apart and found that the plastic belt that drives it is broken. I went to Ford and they said that the part is no longer available. I was wondering if there are any aftermarket kits or anything to get the seatbelts working properly again. Thanks

i also have a problem with the seatbelts, anyone know how to clean out the track or anything, it gets stuck sometimes and it also stops in the middle and keeps going like back and forth and looks like its out of control, anyway to reset it?

SAME PROBLEM HERE.....

Inspectah, i've got the same problem with my seat belt as well.
sometimes it stops halfway, but most of the time it will go back and forth with every little bump I hit. The problem is with the" Door sensor that triggers the "door ajar " dash lamp and senses
when the door is open or closed. Unfortunately, I found out that it also triggers the cars alarm system on and off intermittently
if the system is armed and the system detects the door as being opened ! I've tried looking for the sensor but cannot seem to find it. My local ford dealer said that it is attached to the lock
assembly inside the door. Will have to check it again to see if that's the case, hope this info helps...........Later!!!!!!!!

i think i just want to get rid of the power seatbelts all together, i wanna get them to the back position and then pull the fuse on em, but im not sure which fuse it is, and i think that fuse is used for something else too, anyone know an easier way to get them to shut off, ive already bee choked enough for one week to say away with them...and plus i cant seem to fix it when it gets stuck int he middle so id rather not have them at all and save some trouble

hey guys, im having probs with my pass. side one, and i know there are a few sensors involved that might be causing this and/or it could be the seat belt control unit/computer thingy. I remember browsing through that section in my manual and I should get to it next weekend. I'll post whatever i can find..in the mean time i alrady had my junk yard 'donate' three seat belt position sensors in case i need them. Inspectah, perhaps unplugging the seat belt control unit/computer thingy might do what you want. Out of the top of my head i believe is in the drivers side trunk in a black box, next to the inertia switch. I think that is also where the keyless entry computer is located.

Power seatbelt

I once turned that little gizmo inside the rear panel by hand and unplugged it after I got it to the rear stop. This was on an 89 or 90 Cougar, but they should all be the same. Don't ask me how I did it, but if you remove the rear panel, you'll figure it out just like I did.

Back