89 new front control arms

Wags

Never installed front control arms and sway bar links. For an 89 SC. $100 local pick up in Ohio. Zip Code is 43832

Attachments

• IMG_20110724_213134.jpg
    IMG_20110724_213134.jpg
    397.9 KB · Views: 114
Hopefully SCP sold the right units, but I'd double check the dimensions to the 1/100th inch. Everything you can measure... lengths, offsets, bore angles, etc. and compare to originals.

I had a bad experience with a set of parts that I got off ebay that looked exactly the same as those. While they fit OK, something was off far enough that I had a scary brake pull/lurch that I could never identify or fix. When I replaced both arms again (they wore out quickly) with reconditioned arms+new pressed int Moog ball joints, the problem was gone.. Braking was perfect once again.

Not saying these are the same as the ones I had, but they look the same and they aren't OEM.

I have asked in the past where SCP gets their parts from. They are not OEM - that is correct. I believe they buy them from wholesalers (i.e. - the stop after the factory - whether here or overseas - and before a label gets put on them). So they are not brand-name parts, but they may be exactly the same as a brand-name part.

TRW was merged into Federal-Mogul (Moog), so TRW is not making them anymore. The tools they used may still exist, but I don't know who has them, or if the tools would even have any life left in them.

If you had a problem with a specific brand, you could try to steer clear - but the link between a brand and a factory is so murky, you might get the same exact part under another brand. It gets very confusing.

I do know that SCP vouches for the quality of the parts they sell. If you had a problem, you could ask them to make it right.

got them!

Got the parts yesterday! Installed everything, now for the first time my SC has a stiff suspension! Great seller, packaged all the parts perfect and cushioned so nothing touched. Thanks:cool:

-Fernando

Last edited:
Back