Power seats

danekejt

All,
I have a 91 tbird. after years of hauling my carcass around the power seat is on its last legs. moves fine when im not sitting in it but doesnt when i am sitting on it. My question is are the power seat motors in a 94-95 tbird the same setup as what was in the 91's?

Thank you

John

John,

Just take the seat out flip it over and lube the rails. It has saved most of them without the need for a swap over.

I'd opt for cleaning it first, then us a moly-lithium grease.

Second would be one of the Teflon(tm) based lubes.

But that's me - I prefer the lubrication of molybdium disulphate (?sp) or Teflon(tm) over just lithium, but heck, lithium lasted, what, 18 years? :cool:

RwP

sorry, wasnt getting notifications the thread has posts. Looks like the guys took care of you though. Let us know how it turns out.

Provided by txsc

"I've never had any apart, so this doesn't really answer your question. But the ones in my red 90 were slow (the driver's side was basically stuck). I pulled the track assemblies off the seats, and washed them down with mineral spirits, then used my power washer to blast off all the old gummy lubricant. Next I blew them dry with compressed air, and set them in the sun to finish drying. After they dried, I used lithium grease in a spray can to re-lube everything, and they now work about like new."

washing them down and cleaning them and regreasing is definately the way i will go. i'll probably get to them in the next week or two. Thank you all for the suggestions and i will let you know how it turns out.

John

Back