newbie with ?

ghostryder

i have a 90 and 92 white sc i just gutted both of them the 92 has lots of rust. the 90 is in excellant shape i want to know what can i swap from the 92 to the 90?

90' -- has keyless entry and sunroof
92' -- climate control power trunk and gas release--want to put these into the 90.

the 90 has the wire connecter in the rear for the trunk release but not sure if wire connecter is behind dash for button.

i also want to swap the super charger and all the tubes and throttle body parts from the 92 into the 90. the 90 also has the better engine. both cars has been sitting for a while. please help!!!

I have the same combo as you do....

But both of my SCs are daily drivers.....

Climate control will be a pain to swap over....

Maybe if you swapped the entire dash.....:confused:

Not sure about the gas door release....

I guess you could remove the wiring harness from the 92 and splice it into the 90....

All the engine parts will swap over.....

thanks for your quick response. the only thing left in the two cars are the dash. i really like the climate control so i probably will try the swap everthing i need is in the 92. i might even swap the entire wiring harness. i noticed that there are some connecters on the wiring harness in both vehicles that aren't even used. i will pull the dashes little by little through out the week. will also switch the trunk from the 92 to the 90 so i can get the led lights that light up :D

i have the evtm and service manual for the 92 haven't been able to find the ones for the 90 yet does anyone have the one for the 90 they can share or sell for a nominal fee?

i have the evtm and service manual for the 92 haven't been able to find the ones for the 90 yet does anyone have the one for the 90 they can share or sell for a nominal fee?

Well, there's http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_from=R...90+Thunderbird+EVTM&_sacat=See-All-Categories for the EVTM, and http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=19...rd+EVTM&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313 for the service manual.

There's also http://www.helminc.com/helm/Result....90&Category=&Keyword=&Module=&selected_media= ...

RwP

I swapped auto climate control from a '93 in to my '90. Basically, I just swapped all of the under-hood and dash harnesses plus the HVAC box and voila! :) (I was doing an engine swap at the same time so it was convenient...)

Keep in mind that auto climate control wasn't an option in '90, so there's no real provision for it in the '90 harness and as such, nothing at all is plug and play.

From the donor car you need the climate control head unit, the dash trim piece with sun load sensor, the dash surround with cabin temp sensor, the evaporator / heater core / fan housing with its attached fan motor and controller, the cold temperature lockout switch from the donor car engine + wiring, the ambient temperature sensor from in front of the radiator + wiring. Pretty sure I needed the defroster and vent ducting, too.

Back