headers

intercooled89xr

what are some good headers not to much money i have an 89 xr7 sc i want to open up the exhaust i have the flow masters catback what eles should i do? thanks for your help

MAC 99-2000 year model for 3.8 Mustang will work. A small dent will need to be made into them so they will have clearance at the steering shaft. Price is around $250.

intercooled89xr said:
what are some good headers not to much money i have an 89 xr7 sc i want to open up the exhaust i have the flow masters catback what eles should i do? thanks for your help

Weren't there some custom headers offered by SCCoA a few years back?

mac headers !

Man, MAC headers for 199, almost seems like a steal. My question is what year header do we get for our cars ? i have a 1994 SC so would i get the header designed for the 94 mustang ?

hold the phone !

While surfing ebay looking for mustang performanc headers, i saw a picture of the regular or stock headers found on the v6 stang, they are loads better than our manifolds and actually have the same design as the mac headers although im sure the diamter is different.

The stock headers are not any better than a ported stock manifold. The Mac headers will require some slight modifications and new downtubes.

I'll try to provide you a link tomorrow about a SC owner who installed the Mac stang headers on his SC. It shows exectly what mods need to be made.

oh ?

A link to an install would be cool. Are you sure the stock headers arent any better ? They have the individual runners just like the macs do, although im sure my cross section of the mac maybe a little bigger than stock, but the headers sold on supercoupe performance have 1 3/4 tubes, that cant be much bigger than stock.

header install

so does anyone know for sure whats needed to mount the mac headers on the 3.8SC ?

I found a local radiator shop that is happy to do welding or what not for a reasonable fee. If someone could provide a detailed diagram or explanation of the mod necessary to fit the mustang headers it would be great, thanks

any info on how to get them in and where to get them and what ele is needed to get the job done dont wont to buy them and have turn around and buy something eles you know what i mean. well thanks all for your help

97 headers

I just one a couple of 96 mustang headers, im gonna port them and give them a shiny coat of black hi temp paint :)

I've done this mod.................

I'd recommend rpm-mustangs.com for purchase of the headers as they allowed me to try this mod out as a test. A how to is on my website:

www.supercatxr7.freewebspace.com

No matter what, you will need the 99-2002 MAC Mustang Shorty 3.8 headers. The earlier version is shaped a little different, the 99-2002 are tried and true. The long tube version will not fit, the MAC shorties are the only way to go for ease of install. See my website on photo page 2 for more detailed info. Yes, you will need new downtubes.

mark

Back