Where to get radiator fan motor?

rzimmerl

Where is the best place to get an 89-93 replacement radiator fan motor? Mine decided to seize this weekend, with smoke coming from the motor and then melted the pigtail of the motor.

I saw the rock auto one, just wanted to make sure someone has used one before and is the correct part. Big E, I may need a used one to salvage the harness plug from.

The last one I got from my local Advance Auto Parts came with a pigtail! But that was for my 95, not sure if your 89-93 is the same.

The Rockauto one is the same one that Advance sells, it is a single speed fan. I have it on my car now, I used insulated spades to connect it but did save the pigtail just anit got around to putting it back on.

I picked up the Advance single speed fan and finally got around to getting it installed last week. I soldered on another connector that came from a different fan, and I swear this thing moves more air then the stock motor did. I assume its high speed only because you can tell when it kicks in by hearing the motor drop for a sec. Might be time to upgrade the alternator.

Just a note -

The early/mid-90's Taurus's had the same type of radiator fan connectors/pigtail as the SC's...if I remember right, it was only the cars with the 3.8L motor. Unfortunately, the Taurus's fans also melted many of their plugs too...it's tough to find one in good shape. :(

radiator fan motor

Where is the best place to get an 89-93 replacement radiator fan motor? Mine decided to seize this weekend, with smoke coming from the motor and then melted the pigtail of the motor.

I found a place last night to find the motor you need at a fairly reasonable price. autopartsexpress.com

hope this helps.

Back