PDA

View Full Version : Junk Yard Run

SuperCoupe007
08-02-2011, 07:19 PM
Hey guys,
As the title says, I need to make a run to my local junk yard(s) in attempts to find some parts that are needed to bring her back to life. This is a pre-liminary list of parts needed and I will update the list of parts as I inspect her and see what more she needs.

1. Door Jam Stricker (On vehicle body where door latches too)
2. Light Switch Pull Knob
3. Passenger Parking Light Assembly (they keep falling off)
4. Driver/Passenger Head Lights **MAYBE** depends if i run into a NEW set
5. Audio Head Unit (Radio Cassettee Player) *depends on price*
6. CD Player *depends on price*
7. Passenger Door odd and ends door trim pieces
8. Color Coded Passenger Side Exterior Mirror
9. Drive Side Rear Wheel Well Liner (Black Cover, Covers muffler has 2 clips)
and last but not least
10. 5-Speed Transmission as sometimes I have difficulty shifting into gear :p

****NEW****
11. Need Emergency Temporary Spare Tire (Thin one, as the one I had blew out)
12. 30# Fuel Injector Plastic Piece (would prefer to find Blue 36# fuel injectorsat the yunk yard) -- added 8/3/11 --
13. Radiator fan should bolt and base holder for bolt -- added 8/7/11 --
14. IRCM need for back up and for testing/comparison w/ current --added 8/7/11
15. PCV hose (from drive side valve cover to intake hose) -- added 8/7/11 --

16* Inter-Cooler (RonzSC) :D

What if we made a list of parts that we each need for our SC's and see if mayber we can help out each other? Or we can visit some local so-cal junk yards and make this a PRE-MEETING EVENT :p

Tommy Turbo
08-05-2011, 05:08 PM
I've got a short list of things for my car as well, I'm always down to go.

SuperCoupe007
08-05-2011, 06:22 PM
Hey Tommy,
If you'd like you can add your list of items that you need. Know knows maybe I have something you might need, or another so-cal member might be able to help you out on it.
:cool:

35thauto
08-05-2011, 08:04 PM
Wher are said salvage yards? Where & when, I need to visit a pick & pull.

ironworker
08-05-2011, 08:31 PM
sun valley

get off on lankershim then take a left then when u get to roscoe take a left then go down to u get to glenoaks and take a left and u will see it on ur left hand side... im going tomarrow for the half off sale

Tommy Turbo
08-05-2011, 08:35 PM
what are you going and looking for?

ironworker
08-05-2011, 09:55 PM
ircm and a pusher and puller fan.... mine went out and i put a aftermarket fan in it and it does ok but i like the 95 94 sc fans they work good. they never have them at pick apart but once in a blue moon and im just going to buy them off a guy on the site.. but im still going to go so to see if i can find some parts i can sell to get some extra cash.

SuperCoupe007
08-10-2011, 12:20 PM
Well I think I am going to make my junk yard run on Saturday 8/13/11 at 8 or 9 in the morning. I think I might be going to the junk yards in Wilmington and Santa Fe. I know this is far from most people, but just thought id let everyone know.
:cool:

SuperCoupe007
08-13-2011, 02:34 AM
OK, looks like Saturday is not going to work for me, sooooooo Junk Yard date has been moved to Sunday 8/14. I hope I wake up early enough to beat the sun and not get toasted at the yards :p