My 1990 SC

D

David Douglas

Well, where to begin.

Been a while since I have been to this site, but I have found my way back here recently again. Anyhow, I still have my 1990 SC even though I hardly ever drive it anymore. To make a long story short, I am going around in circles with the state to try and get the title for the car. I'm getting really close to 200k miles on it now and the car does have some problems. First off, I am leaking Brake fluid somewhere and even if you fill it up with brake fluid, when you hit the brakes, there's about a 1-2 second delay before the brakes actually kick in. If you slam on the brakes, you will not stop in time to avoid hitting something.

The other thing that is wrong with the car is that the engine does not run smooth anymore. Sometimes it will run like a top without any problems, but more often than not it runs almost as if the engine is missing or a plug is mis-firing.

I bought a new car back in 1999 as I needed something more reliable to drive and I wanted to work on my SC some more, although due to my new job at the time also, I have not had the time to work on it as my job has kept me away from it. Anyhow, here is a picture I took recently of it sitting at my parents house. I'm not really looking for help, just letting everybody know that I have hung onto this car for going on 5 years now and I still want to keep it, but would like to fix it up also back to it's original way of being. Or maybe I should sell it to somebody here who could take better care of it, or put it to more use than I could. Anyhow, here is the picture (oh, and it is a manual).

http://wiz.linuxchicken.com/pics/thunderbird.jpg

Well, the car in the picture looks great!!! Looks like a "keeper" to me. I am over in Cherokee Cnty (Canton), but I used to work in Norcross. If you need some help working on that RedBird, let me know. I'm not a trained mechanic, but after owning my '92 since it rolled off the truck from the factory, I've learned a good bit about what can go wrong with these birds. I've swapped out the ABS unit, replaced the balancer (3 times), replaced all sorts of bulbs, switches, sensors, relays, etc. and done most of the other upgrades on mine in my driveway. Just let me know how I can help..............

Yeah, the car doesn't look too bad. The paint is coming off of the roof though. The A/C does not work on the car either, and I can't get it to pass emmissions right now either, even though the Exhaust system is not that old. Anyhow, it's out at my parents house in Conyers right now. I thought with my dad retiring we would have more time to work on it, but he seems more busy now that he's retired (and out of town more frequently) than when he was working. Anyway, thanks for the offer, I'm going to work to get it back on the street first with a tag so I can drive it more frequently first. That is the first thing on tap.

Back