please help. any input i'm thankful for

philliescoupe

i am new to the site, and owner to my 1st coupe, (i have been around them for quite some time) i am at my wits end with this car! i have never had trouble fiding parts for anything this hard. (i rebuilt a 62 studebaker easier then this!! so my problem is i need a belt tensioner for my 89 sc. its the tensioner for the sc, its mounted on the ac bracket. i ordered one with the part number bt-30. its not fitting. i rebuilt the blower and am hung up on this part. the cars been sitting for over a month and its my only car. if anyone has an answer or can help i would be greatful beyond description. i figured i"ll ask people on here as you know more about these cars then every parts place i"ve been too

thanks alot! its a relief knowing that there are people out there who know what they are talking about. i've had people at parts places tell me that the super coupe was an experimental car and only a handful were made. agian thank you!!!

Heh. Guess it's where you are.

Considering some parts folks are younger than the first of the SCs, I'm not surprised at that. However, the O'Reilly's nearest to me has two guys who owned one in the past (!!) (One guy even still has the VIN, and would still have the car if the concrete mixer had stopped quicker ... ), the local Sears service manager used to be a Ford mechanic and knows them, etc.

They're not that rare around here.

"Only a handful" - ask them to define "handful", it's a pretty damn big hand IMO :D:D

BTW - Bookmark RockAuto. 'Course, sometimes they will have a bad cross, but they're a good source, fairly inexpensive, quality depends on which one you buy, and you can get a 5% discount coupon by checking here or on TCCoA.

For stuff not specifically SC based (i.e., when you move off the motor and tranny), TCCoA is another good source. HERE is better for SC-specific information, but THERE is better for stuff like "Where can I find strut rod bushings, what are the part numbers and what just DoesNotWork ?"

RwP

If I am not mistaken, it is part #E9SE-6B209 HA

I have those tensioners (along with a bunch of other SC related parts)....:p

If this is what you need, give me a "ship to" zip code and I'll quote you a price that includes shipping....

ralph- thanks for all the info, i live around the philadelphia area and have only seen 2 or 3 supercoupes around. i am all over the place for car shows and drag races( we also have a pro street studebaker) so thanks agian!

big e- thats exactly the number off mine! my zip is 19015. how much would you want for the tensioner itself?

i am new to the site, and owner to my 1st coupe, (i have been around them for quite some time) i am at my wits end with this car! i have never had trouble fiding parts for anything this hard. (i rebuilt a 62 studebaker easier then this!! so my problem is i need a belt tensioner for my 89 sc. its the tensioner for the sc, its mounted on the ac bracket. i ordered one with the part number bt-30. its not fitting. i rebuilt the blower and am hung up on this part. the cars been sitting for over a month and its my only car. if anyone has an answer or can help i would be greatful beyond description. i figured i"ll ask people on here as you know more about these cars then every parts place i"ve been too

Just in case you don't know, the car can be driven without the supercharger belts on.

thanks alot! its a relief knowing that there are people out there who know what they are talking about. i've had people at parts places tell me that the super coupe was an experimental car and only a handful were made. agian thank you!!!

You think that is bad? I called a local auto parts store (big chain) for a part for my SC and the guy asks "IS THAT A TWO DOOR OR FOUR DOOR?" :confused: Right after that, I knew I was not going to buy my part from that place. :p

Just in case you don't know, the car can be driven without the supercharger belts on.

Ask XR7Kurt stated, you can still drive the SC without the Super Charger belt, when you push the gas pedal down the Check Engine Light (CEL) will turn on, but its nothing major. I would just suggest to go easy on the throttle until you install your tensioner and belt.
Good Luck.
:)

You think that is bad? I called a local auto parts store (big chain) for a part for my SC and the guy asks "IS THAT A TWO DOOR OR FOUR DOOR?" Right after that, I knew I was not going to buy my part from that place.

i once had a girl at autozone argue that 3.8 "sc" was for single cam.

You think that is bad? I called a local auto parts store (big chain) for a part for my SC and the guy asks "IS THAT A TWO DOOR OR FOUR DOOR?" :confused: Right after that, I knew I was not going to buy my part from that place. :p

it amazes me the stupid qeustions and responses i've heard from people! that ones pretty up there haha

Back