My new ride

D-bird

05 g35 54k miles.....i wish i was driving it instead of stuck at work....

Attachments

• IMG_0207.jpg
    IMG_0207.jpg
    400.1 KB · Views: 115
Good looking ride! I got to imagine its pretty responsive with those 280HP :)
Just a friendly FYI: but I think those had an air bag recall. Might want to see if yours has been fixed.
Its always nice to have a car that can go really fast +150MPH. Not that we will ever do it, but its nice to know we could if we really really needed to :rolleyes:

It is pretty peppy, not a lot faster than my SC was...so it feels, but it is really hard to tell because the powerbands are so much different.

Thanks for the heads-up about the air bags I'll look into that.

Sweet ride. How comfortable is the interior?

I have been thinking about one for awhile now but wasn't sure they would be big enough for me.

Any plans for it or are you leaving it stock?

Sweet ride. How comfortable is the interior?

I have been thinking about one for awhile now but wasn't sure they would be big enough for me.

Any plans for it or are you leaving it stock?

I'm not a little guy by any means 6 ft, 210, and I'm comfortable, but any bigger than me may be pushing it. It does have a telescoping steering wheel so that helps out a bit.

I've been reading up on mods and they don't respond that well to bolt ons....and CAI mods may even hamper performance.....So I went out and bought myself a Wix air filter (it is what a lot of dirt late model guys run no HP loss over K&N and actually keeps the engine clean). I may eventually put on a Z-tube....intake tube off the 350z which doesn't have the air silencer part on it, and that just makes it sound meaner apparently, and possibly a plenum spacer which gives like a 10-12hp gain.

On a side note I'm really not used to a 5-speed auto. It is taking some getting used to...

~Darrel

I'm not a little guy by any means 6 ft, 210, and I'm comfortable, but any bigger than me may be pushing it. It does have a telescoping steering wheel so that helps out a bit.

I've been reading up on mods and they don't respond that well to bolt ons....and CAI mods may even hamper performance.....So I went out and bought myself a Wix air filter (it is what a lot of dirt late model guys run no HP loss over K&N and actually keeps the engine clean). I may eventually put on a Z-tube....intake tube off the 350z which doesn't have the air silencer part on it, and that just makes it sound meaner apparently, and possibly a plenum spacer which gives like a 10-12hp gain.

On a side note I'm really not used to a 5-speed auto. It is taking some getting used to...

~Darrel

Thanks for the information. I am 5-11 so I should fit then.

The lack of available worthwhile mods does bother me. I guess you have to applaud manufacturers for being more efficient.

Thanks for the information. I am 5-11 so I should fit then.

The lack of available worthwhile mods does bother me. I guess you have to applaud manufacturers for being more efficient.

I have seen some Twin Turbo G35, and they can seriuosly move :eek: So they do have lots of potential, but with that being said you will need to have some seriuosly deep pockets for that.

If you are looking for a car that is mod friendly, I would suggest maybe a civic. On average I hear that each sticker will add about 25HP :rolleyes: ;)

Back