Vacuum and EEC reference

BlkBirds

Gents,

My build consists of a 97 LX sport chassis and 89 SC drive line (94 blower), GURE strategy EEC, suspension, 5spd, a QH etc. Since I no longer have the diaphragm type cruise and have removed the EGR, it would seem that the vacuum plumbing is minimal. It seems to me I need to supply from the MP inlet:

Brake booster, check valve and reservoir for climate control, SC bypass, and PCV

Then from the intake inlet:
Fuel pressure regulator, and the guage

So that leaves some ports plugged on the MP inlet, the thought of just removing the "T" port in top of the intake inlet and plugging that... and calling it good.
Does that sound right? Is there anything that tells the eec if the engine is under boost/vacuum or is that just a calculation based on MAF, TPS, Tach...?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Kurt

P.S. If it matters, mods off the top of my head:
Kooks long tubes, Wagner dubl I/C w/fan, 1.73 roller rockers, 180 stat, C&L 76mm MAF, BBK 75mm TB, 3" CAI w/cone filter, rebuilt 94 SC w/ coated rotors and MP inlet, 42# green top ford injectors, 255 LPH pump, QH, Innovate LC1, B&M short throw, ... ahhh I think that's about it

Last edited:
There is no input to the EEC for manifold pressure.

vac taps prior to the blower are under vacuum. vacs after the blower can see pressure, so you need to put a one way check valve in there if you need to supply vac and don't care if it doesn't supply vac during boost.

OK Mike,

Thanks for that. I didn't think there was a reference for the EEC, but I wanted to double check.

Kurt

Back