Sun Roof Weatherstrip

MCharlie

Anyone come up with an aftermarket replacement for the totally worthless sliding roof panal weather strip on the 91-95 Thunderbirds?

The retail price for the weatherstrip is over $150!!! (Wholesale is around $117.00 to $120.00 (US), depending on where you live.

I have replaced this WS 6 times now in the past 10 years....after a couple of years,it shrinks about 2 inches and won't stay on the track. (No matter what adhesive I have used!)

I am thoroughly disgusted. Ford will not respond any longer..."Car is out of warranty". It is definitely a design flaw and I would bet that a small claims action against FoMoCo would result in a positive ruling in my favor. (Specially here in Nevada!)

So, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

MC

Future tip....

Since your out there exposed to alot of UV rays. those UV rays like to dry rubber right out. Make sure that you frequnetly "lubricate" all rubber on the cars. A quality silicone spray works good and makes rubber parts look shiny and new for weeks to come. You might want to do that to keep the roof seal from shrinking in the future.

Also I think that the moon roof was made by American Moonroof or american car designs, can't think of it, but you might want to contact them for a more favorable pricing. Someone here might correct me on this.

Back