HVAC fan stuck on

1064rg

I have a 93 SC, with electronic temp control. The fan is always on, on high. Even if I push the off button. If I push one of the other buttons, the air comes out the appropriate vent, just always on high.
Where do I begin to look for the problem?
thanks

I have a 93 SC, with electronic temp control. The fan is always on, on high. Even if I push the off button. If I push one of the other buttons, the air comes out the appropriate vent, just always on high.
Where do I begin to look for the problem?
thanks

Had a similar problem, check your 'RUN' fuse.

I replaced the RUN fuse, in the panel under the dash, and no change.

Bummer, well it was worth a shot. Maybe the climate control relay behind the glovebox?

Now that I think about it, I'm wondering if you '93 even has that. Maybe some others will chime in with some ideas. Good luck

Last edited:
If it's the EATC (with no knob, just a slide for the fan and the buttons for function, and a LED display for the temp), you can run a diag. I'd be willing to bet the Blower Speed Control Module (BSCM) has a shorted pass transistor, but won't know for sure without testing.

The BSCM is obsolete, but you can a) find them in cars in the boneyard, and b) it SHOULD be eminently fixable, I've just not gotten around to reverse engineering the schematics / parts lists for it.

RwP

Yes, it's the EATC. How do I test? Where is the blower motor so I can unplug it for the time being?

I PDF'ed the instructions on how to run the diagnostic at EATC Self Diagnostic .

Blower motor - Open the glove box, the blower motor's behind there.

May I suggest a copy of the service manual for your car? Helm sells it ( Helm Service Manuals ) but you can also quite often find the original Ford one on Ebay.

RwP

Now it's working fine. I haven't done anything other that move the slide, and push some buttons.---go figure. I'm sure it will act up again. If I need anything I'll repost.
Thanks, everybody

Update- now everything works fine, except that the blower is stuck on low, regardless of where the slide, and temp is set. Now what/where do I need to look?

I cant find the correct one, oem # is F1SH 19E624 AC, and on the next line is 920820A. autozone, o'reily's just show the standard $25 part that is incorrect. i called ford- almost $300, anyone have any cheaper suggestions?

Last edited:
I cant find the correct one, oem # is F1SH 19E624 AC, and on the next line is 920820A. autozone, o'reily's just show the standard $25 part that is incorrect. i called ford- almost $300, anyone have any cheaper suggestions?

Boneyard.

RwP

Back