vacuum line issues

Ronald Wendt

Finally gtting the rebuilt engine into my 91.

Somewhere along the line I lost some fitting on the intake plenum that bolts to the intake manifold. Looking at it from the front, at about the 10:00 position there is a threaded port. I have no idea whats supposed to go in there. I sent this piece out to be powdercoated like a year and ahalf ago. I have a box with lots of nuts and bolts and things, but nothing that will thread in this port.

Anyone know?

I think I have all the vacuum lines hooked up except one of the thin hard plastic ones. Still trying to find out where that is supposed to go. There is one on the fuel pressure regulator, one on the by-pass valve. This loose one is coming from the firewall under the brake master cylinder area

Can someone point me in the right direction?

thanks as always

Ron

Finally gtting the rebuilt engine into my 91.

Somewhere along the line I lost some fitting on the intake plenum that bolts to the intake manifold. Looking at it from the front, at about the 10:00 position there is a threaded port. I have no idea whats supposed to go in there. I sent this piece out to be powdercoated like a year and ahalf ago. I have a box with lots of nuts and bolts and things, but nothing that will thread in this port.

Ron

That sounds like the big vacuum port, 1/8" NPT, I think. I have a brass hose barb adapter threaded into mine and I think I have it connected to the brake booster hose.

From the front, the only one I can think of that is visible might be the cross over tube, just behind the bypass valve. The rest should be on the back side.

Attachments

• enginebay90sc.gif
    enginebay90sc.gif
    90 KB · Views: 4,250
  • vacdiagram1.gif
    vacdiagram1.gif
    48.9 KB · Views: 606
well I can see it on the diagram, looks like a line going to the left side.

I will have to dig around some more and see if there is a vacuum line I don't have hooked up other than the small hard one that I have not found where it goes yet

Ron

Back