Front end cracked...not sure where

Hasher76

I have been enjoying the hell out of my car lately, driving it a bit more spiritedly as I progress learning its in and outs I guess. on my way to work last week, I tossed it into a 90 turn at about 35-40, the front end grabbed and the tail kicked out like usual, and I heard a very loud, metal piece, snap. The car then had a scraping/rubbing sound when moving, and goes away when I press the brake. Me and a friend thought hub, so I just changed it out today and found the original one had separated the two races.

After installing the new one, I put it in reverse and heard another clunk sound, and the scraping/rubbing sound is still there, and goes away with the brake's. :confused:

I checked ball joints, end links, spindle, rotor, caliper and all the other goodies as I took them apart, didn't notice anything obvious, anyone have another idea, or had this happen to them.

Sorry should have noted that better, its in the front end, drivers side that I heard the crack and scraping come from.

Last edited:
You might check your differential, sounds like you broke something. Get it up in the air and run the car see if it makes noise.

chris

yeah sorry about that, I made a correction in my post about it being the front end that I heard the sound from.

definitely thinking brakes now after driving it home, not sure if I broke the caliper or bent the mount.

Back