suspension tech springs

91BLOWNBIRD

STs website says 1.6" drop but everywhere else says 1.5" so I'm guessing 1.6"?

Also do those springs fit the SC? because they say v6 & v8 birds but don't say SC

Those people are the original owners of SUspension techniques before drop tech bought them out. I have thier shocks i my car currently. Im thinking youll get the same drop with the v6SC..Get some spring rates from them

Suspension Techniques were the set you could have from JC whittney, back in the day, It was a pretty good deal then. They since sold the company and it is assumed that Spring Tech, found on ebay are the new manufacturer for them, if they are made to the same Spec then you should be be good. I used to run them and for a stock or illumina shock they work fine. They are Linear.

H&R and Eibachs go well with Manual Adjustable shocks.

Then you have Vougtland springs that seem to be the new craze. One one style is Stocked at SCP.

I run Intrax springs and those can be found from Summit racing. They are one of the stiff springs out there. They are variable but still manage to be harsher then the suspension Tech I had.. My car has less weight now maybe that has something to do with the comfort. But still these are great for performance.

I basically want stiff...I looked at summit for tbird and they list eibachs and STs...I am planning to run Tokico IIs up front and KYB GR2s in the rear for shocks

besides koni what is the stiffest shock & spring setup then?

So i just got off the phone with Adam from KW auto who owns ST springs and he said 60225 is discontinued and he has a few sets left...

He said front is Linear 415rate and rear is progressive no available rate for the rears

I basically want the stiffest spring & shock combo

just spoke with an H&R rep and she said the sport progressive springs they carry arent rated for sring rate because there is not a standard for the rate...interesting

Suspension choices are fast becoming limited for the MN12.

Here is the technical information on the Vogtland springs.

Technical Specifications:
Spring Type:
· Front: “Compound Rate” helical compression constrained by Damper.
· Rear: “Compound Rate” helical compression, constrained by chassis and
lower control arm.

Spring Configuration:
· Front: Top- tangential end closed and ground. Bottom- tangential end open to fit seat
· Rear: Top- closed tangential end. Bottom- closed tangential end.

1.5” Lowering Spring Rate:
· Front: 285 - 400 lb/in working range 365 - 400 lb/in
· Rear: 514 - 713 lb/in working range 600 - 713 lb/in

Approximate Lowering:
· Front: 1.6” (40 mm)
· Rear: 1.4” (35mm)

.75” Lowering Spring Rate:
· Front: 55 - 72 N/mm (315 - 412 lb/in) working range 340 - 412 lb/in
· Rear: 90 - 125 N/mm (514 - 713 lb/in) working range 530 - 650 lb/in

Approximate Lowering:
· Front: .80” (20 mm)
· Rear: .68” (17mm)

yeah I saw that post when I searched...I am leaning towards Vogtland or the Linear springs listed on Ebay just not sure what would be stiffer...linear is probably stiffer but Vogtland would probably be better overall

I read something from Ricardo in search that Linear are tough on the shocks? is this true?

Actually linear springs have less bounce thats why you can run them on less agressive shocks. Progressives will give you more bounce due to the tight coils on them. This bounce is what gives you comfort over rough surfaces. A stiffer shock gets that bounce under control. Since blisteins and konis are discontinued, the bouncy eibachs can be a bad combo. Intrax should be avail. Go to the intrax website and get the part number Intrax "#301010" then get summit to get you a price.
Spring techs should work, i want to give vogtlands a try one day just to say i tried them, but they are not cheap.

edit maybe they are discontined I provided the part #

Last edited:
Id go with the Spring tech springs on Ebay . If you search sccoa there were specs for all the different springs at the time....somewhere

The original ST was bought by drop tech

Last edited:
I think I will go with the Spring Techs and I can go with Vogtland in the future if I need to because they will probably be around for a while

So if I run Linear springs then KYB shocks will be ok...whats the word on KYBs? I think I will run my Tokico IIs up front and KYBs in rear with the Linear springs unless that is not a good choice...?

I think I will go with the Spring Techs and I can go with Vogtland in the future if I need to because they will probably be around for a while

So if I run Linear springs then KYB shocks will be ok...whats the word on KYBs? I think I will run my Tokico IIs up front and KYBs in rear with the Linear springs unless that is not a good choice...?

Tokico IIs or Illumina IIs? Did you get rid of ACR feature.

You should be fine with regular shocks and the linear springs. You can always sell them and PU the vogtlands.

yeah...right now I have Tokico Illumina IIs but I think the rears are shot...when I compress them they dont rebound...so I picked up some KYB GR-2s for the rear at Summit during Hot AUgust Nights and got a little discount.

I like my Illumina IIs up front with Eibachs but the rear is terrible with the Illuminas and Eibachs

I was thinking about keeping the Illuminas and Eibachs up front and going Linear with KYBs in the rear...

yeah...right now I have Tokico Illumina IIs but I think the rears are shot...when I compress them they dont rebound...so I picked up some KYB GR-2s for the rear at Summit during Hot AUgust Nights and got a little discount.

I like my Illumina IIs up front with Eibachs but the rear is terrible with the Illuminas and Eibachs

I was thinking about keeping the Illuminas and Eibachs up front and going Linear with KYBs in the rear...

You cannot have ARC in front and No ARC in the rear, the computer will start throwing codes and will not operate as intended. You need to get some good stock shocks if you want to keep the ARC, if you cannot find a set of rear illuminas for the rear.

Back